PDA

View Full Version : Boost level issues

Soundsgood
15-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Hi guys
Im new here, Forum looks great!

Ive recently purchased a Legnum VR4 with quite a few mods already done to it. Its a 1998 Manual, Got 3" Fujitobo Mandrel bent exhaust, HKS air filter, Blitz BOV, Blitz ECU, Bilstein Adjustable Platforms, 17" Enkei Tarmac Evo's, as well as many body, interior and audio modifications.

It can be viewed here http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/761410

Its an awesume car and Im quite keen to see how well its gonna do down the drag strip. So Ive got the car all serviced up, stripped the audio gear and booked myself in for the local 'nightspeed drag wars'.

I have a hankering for more boost than the 0.5bar its currently running, but as the budget is running a bit thin this week Ive opted to just get a Go Fast Bits Manual Boost controller instead of an electronic one like an Apexi AVCR or GReedy Profec B spec 2, which I will get in maybe a month.

I dont wanna do anything silly and blow anything by winding up the boost to much, but just for the purposes of dragging I am sure I can add a little more boost. Considering I will be running on Avgas (105 octane) and I have a Blitz ECU, what sort of boost pressure should I look at running at maximum from your guys experience.

I am aiming for high 13's my first time out in this car. What sort of times has everyone else been running?

Cheers

Nick Mann
15-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Welcome!

Good luck on the strip. What does the Blitz ECU do? I'm a bit surprised that doesn't mess with the boost.

Do a search on the site for boost and you will see this subject is talked about a lot.

enigma
15-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Welcome!

As Nick said, there is a lot of talk about boost levels on the site.............around 0.9 should be your safe limit.

As for 1/4 mile times........see below! :2thumbsup

valmes
15-02-2005, 11:37 AM
:huh2: Where did my post go? >:/

Ok, I will write it again.

On a stock setup - 0,9 bar

Since you have an aftermarket ECU installed and going to use 105 octane, you will probably be OK going to 1,2-1,3 bars of boost, but try to do it in steps... and if you blow anything up don't blame me! :) Are you sure the overall condition of your car is good enough to check it out on a drag strip?

Good Luck and don’t forget to post your times!
PS: What kind of BLITZ ECU do you have? :2thumbsup

nutrok
29-07-2005, 11:36 AM
sup. my cars factory standard and i got a 14.86 0 - 400 m time @ 151kmh. i think your car should cut a high 13 pretty easy.

zentac
29-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Just a note.... The Blitz ECU`s are renound for being problematic, so much so that they have stopped selling them now I believe. Certainly blitz in the UK say they wont sell them.

kornstar
31-07-2005, 02:19 AM
hey did you get this off a dude in morrinsville? if it is the car its a nice ride mate.
where abouts are you at?