PDA

View Full Version : WTB Please help need a maf sensor

Tam
17-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Evening all,

Well to add to my thread on my car stalling when it's cold, tonight it did it when she was warm. So I unplugged the maf and she ran fine. The popping on overrun is bloody lovely though, I will miss that...I'm going to have another look tomorrow in case it's a pipe or something I missed last time.

I checked on camskill and luckily for me I was sat down (£500), what other mafs would fit just to help widen my search. The NA v6 and Evo 4 look similar.

So I was wondering if anybody has one that's for sale that I could buy? Unfortunately will need to be quick as I taking the leggie over to Ireland on Thursday. If no-one has a spare could I possibly hire one that I could send back.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Marc

swinks
17-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Check all piperwork between mag and turbos. Vacuum leak will give you similar symptoms. Also, tps worth to check out.

Tam
17-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Cool will do tomorrow.
Cheers
Marc

crazydriver81
18-05-2014, 10:21 AM
should have a MAF somewhere. I had swapped it for another one, because I thought it was defect - before I discovered it was the TPS sensor and the VTA BOV causing the car to stall. If you need one and struggle to find it in UK send me PM. :)

Tam
18-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Stefan, Pm sent

Cheers
Marc

crazydriver81
19-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Stefan, Pm sent

Cheers
Marc

and replied earlier that day

Tam
19-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Hi Stefan
Cheers
Just replied

crazydriver81
19-05-2014, 10:15 PM
courier booked Tam :)

Tam
19-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Cheers Stefan you have been an absolute star, i really enjoy this club and how everyone helps and trusts each.
Marc

Tam
21-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Afternoon Stefan,

The maf sensor has just arrived, will hopefully get fitted this afternoon. I can't thank you enough for taking up your own time to get this to me so quickly.

Good the prefix be changed to bought please.

Thanks again
Marc

crazydriver81
21-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Afternoon Stefan,

The maf sensor has just arrived, will hopefully get fitted this afternoon. I can't thank you enough for taking up your own time to get this to me so quickly.

Good the prefix be changed to bought please.

Thanks again
Marc

I hope your car is running well again? I am happy that UPS kept the promise and took only 25 hours from door to door. Let me know if all works like expected.

Tam
21-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Hi Stefan,
Done a couple of runs, one when she was hot and cold and so far (touch wood) it seems to work. Got the long run to Ireland tomorrow. I can't thank you enough for letting me have it and getting it to me so quickly.
Cheers
Marc