PDA

View Full Version : lpg remap?

jahooli
21-05-2014, 04:53 PM
HI, i have a separate ecu for my lpg install. I wanted the car remapping but as I hardly run it on petrol do I just get thelpg ecu remapped and if so, anyone done it?
thanks

elnevio
21-05-2014, 04:59 PM
adaxo in Manchester might be the best placed to assist? Or he could team up with Davezj for an unstoppable team?!

adaxo
21-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Which LPG ECU brand is, also what injectors and vap is in your install?

Or he could team up with Davezj for an unstoppable team?!

:laugh:

jahooli
21-05-2014, 06:10 PM
BRC sequential, not sure about the vaporiser. How do I find out?

fassi1
21-05-2014, 09:08 PM
BRC may not need a remap. Just do your petrol ECU remap and make sure that fueling is right checking AFRs.
Switch it to gas and try not to use full throttle yet but keep an eye on your lpg switch over if it goes back to petrol under high boost.
If it goes back to petrol and it doesn't overfuel stupidly that means you may need another reducer.
If it stays on gas and you are happy with fuelling (AFRs) than you don't need any adjustments.
Worst 2 things: you don't want to be switching to petrol under high boost and you don't want to be running lean under high boost.

jahooli
21-05-2014, 10:22 PM
im in a pre facelift, how much should I expect to pay for a remap and do I need to have one. I am new to this, is it not possible to only do the lpg?
thanks
Paul

fassi1
21-05-2014, 10:47 PM
If you use EBC to raise the boost than you don't need to adjust fueling in the petrol ECU, lpg ECU may only need remap (adjust fueling on lpg).
If you planning to raise the boost using stock petrol ECU that means it needs remap but again you don't need to adjust fueling in petrol ECU if you only want to concentrate on LPG.
When concentrating on LPG you adjust LPG fueling using LPG ECU because that's the only thing LPG ECU can do.
When running on LPG it would be beneficial to advance ignition timing because LPG is more resistant to knocking, but that complicates the whole process a little bit casue that can only be adjusted using stock petrol ECU.

jahooli
22-05-2014, 08:17 AM
If I just get a facelift ecu and plug it straight in, then match that with the LPG ecu I suppose that would be a good start?

fassi1
22-05-2014, 10:06 AM
If I just get a facelift ecu and plug it straight in, then match that with the LPG ecu I suppose that would be a good start?
Unfortunately no. It's other way around. You always match LPG ECU to petrol ECU. Low load and some of the mid load which is closed loop will probably be fine on LPG because inj duty cycle wont change for this range of load. It's all about open loop which is rpm over around 3800rpm and positive pressure (boost). Any fueling adjustments within this range of load in petrol ECU will have to be followed with fueling adjustments in LPG ECU.

jahooli
22-05-2014, 12:46 PM
sorry, yeah thats what I meant, if I plug and play a facelift ecu I can then match that at my next lpg service? (he tweaks the map at that point)
Will this give me any gains in either power or mpg?
thanks for this btw

fassi1
22-05-2014, 03:31 PM
It will all depend on changes done to the facelift ECU and fuellint set up in LPG ECU. You won't find out unless you put car on the dyno before and after.