PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

gixer599
03-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Car failed MOT, forgot the decat was on and failed emissions, long story but the person that changed it over chucked the cat. Anyway I need a cat, and was wondering if one off a V6 will fit as they are a lot cheaper, only need it to get through the Mot so don't want to be spending silly money on one, if anyone knows can they get back to me as I have no tax since I have no MOT :sigh:

bakerboy-2007
03-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Check which omission test was taken mine passed no cat on manual check last week ?? If that helps

Maybe someone a little more clued up on the mot test will be able to advise ??

Good luck pal

crazydriver81
03-06-2014, 08:48 PM
How the hell can someone mess around with a cat converter??? I know of snapped bolts but this is nothing which can't be fixed with some heat and patience... ;) And no, V6 cat from 2WD car will not fit - according to ASA/CAPS it is a different part#

c0xxy
03-06-2014, 10:37 PM
V6 is slightly longer I believe, evo 5 is same n pretty sure gto is too.
Pretty sure I have a cat sat in the garage but it hasnt been used in about 2 years so wouldnt like to guarentee it. Also think it might have bolts stuck In it.
Ash

zanzibar
04-06-2014, 05:06 PM
sometimes even with the cat vr4s are pigs to pass on emissions, make sure you get it(cat) roasting hot before you take it back for the retest

gixer599
06-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Generic test was taken buddy, failed on not physically being on the vehicle as well.

Check which omission test was taken mine passed no cat on manual check last week ?? If that helps

Maybe someone a little more clued up on the mot test will be able to advise ??

Good luck pal

gixer599
06-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Thanks, my computer is kapuut so couldn't check.

How the hell can someone mess around with a cat converter??? I know of snapped bolts but this is nothing which can't be fixed with some heat and patience... ;) And no, V6 cat from 2WD car will not fit - according to ASA/CAPS it is a different part#

gixer599
06-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Thanks, evo 5 would be easier to get hold of, so may try that.

V6 is slightly longer I believe, evo 5 is same n pretty sure gto is too.
Pretty sure I have a cat sat in the garage but it hasnt been used in about 2 years so wouldnt like to guarentee it. Also think it might have bolts stuck In it.
Ash

gixer599
06-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Had the car 8 years now and this is the 1st mot failed on emissions, had the original cat, well pi55ed with the guy, for "chucking" it.

sometimes even with the cat vr4s are pigs to pass on emissions, make sure you get it(cat) roasting hot before you take it back for the retest