PDA

View Full Version : hi

harper2704
08-06-2014, 12:33 AM
thought i would introduce myself.

my name is paul, im 32, english but live in auckland, new zealand since december last year.

just bought a tatty but useable tiptronic legnum vr4 for a very cheap price so thought i would join this forum to be part of the owners community.

loads of stuff to do to the car,

has no history so will be doing a full service and cambelt kit in the near future.

the auto gearbox is a bit sluggish engaging gears so will get a trans flush to see if that helps.

its been lowered and the sump has took a big whack along with the exhaust which has split. the bottom of the gearbox has been hit too but hasnt suffered for it.

little things like intermittant clock failing on the dashboard which i assume is a bad connection on the wires or circuit board, a/c panel lights need new bulbs.

paintwork is pretty poor, front section is lovely and shiny but then it looks like the previous owner ran out of polish as the further back you go, the more faded it gets, and the laquer is peeling in places.

thats it for now and ill keep updating my progress

Bender
08-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Welcome to ClubVR4 Paul and also welcome to New Zealand.

Nick Mann
08-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Sounds like you are on the right track. The clock will be a dry solder joint on the main connections to the circuit board. Gearbox flush is a good idea, but make sure you use a mitsubishi sp3 compatible fluid.
I hope you have fun!

babasvr4
10-06-2014, 05:33 AM
Welcome, you'll love it here, good eggs around always helpful

MastaG
17-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Welcome -- you'll learn a lot here.

MarkSanne
17-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Welcome Paul! As it looks like these are the obvious things on the to-do list, please expect some more 'surprises'. Not to scare you off, just get prepared to do some more work on it. Most of the common stuff that fails on these cars has to do with age and wear. Parts are available usually both new and used and how-to / guides are all on here to help you get going fast :)