PDA

View Full Version : WTB looking for some lowering springs or coilovers

paulbonner84
08-06-2014, 07:22 PM
in need of some new lowering springs or coilovers for saloon,as both my front springs have snapped

elnevio
09-06-2014, 01:04 AM
in need of some new lowering springs or coilovers for saloon,as both my front springs have snapped

I have a set of these: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m22b0s1405p114283/TEIN_S_TECH_LOWERING_SPRING_KITS_-_Tein_S_Tech_Lowering_Springs_Mitsubishi_Legnum_2_ 5_EC5W_AWD_08_1996_To_08_2002_%28Twin_Turbo%29

Complete with a set of standard shocks - I bought them a while ago off another member who broke his car, but never fitted them - mainly because my exhaust is a little low and I wanted to raise it slightly before fitting.

Saloon and Estate suspension is interchangeable, and as the Legnum is only about 40kg heavier than the saloon, the rear will only be 1 or 2mm different in height.

PM me if interested!! :)

adaxo
09-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Saloon and Estate suspension is interchangeable, and as the Legnum is only about 40kg heavier than the saloon, the rear will only be 1 or 2mm different in height.

PM me if interested!! :)

Nope Nev, fronts are the same but rears are way different, salon springs will raise estate by (IIRC) 30-40mm, makes car looks like off-road monster, at least standard susp do it. Have them fitted (salon springs on to my estate) as temporary solution for a day or so.

giblet
09-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Adam, are the saloon springs that you mention regular ones or lowering ones? If lowering then I might be interested in buying them once you are done with them

adaxo
09-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Adam, are the saloon springs that you mention regular ones or lowering ones? If lowering then I might be interested in buying them once you are done with them

standard susp do it

btw they gone ages ago :d

paulbonner84
09-06-2014, 06:49 PM
thanks guys but got a set of coilovers coming now

elnevio
10-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Nope Nev, fronts are the same but rears are way different, salon springs will raise estate by (IIRC) 30-40mm, makes car looks like off-road monster, at least standard susp do it. Have them fitted (salon springs on to my estate) as temporary solution for a day or so.

My mistake! I thought they were the same size at the rear - is the Legnum rear suspension slightly shorter than the saloon rear suspension then?

giblet
11-06-2014, 09:34 PM
So if saloon springs raises the back end of the estate does estate suspension lower the back end of the saloon more than it should? :huh2:

giblet
20-06-2014, 07:47 PM
thanks guys but got a set of coilovers coming now

What coilovers did you end up going for? On the hunt for a set but Teins with EDFC are impossible to find second hand.