PDA

View Full Version : Stock cat back system on an PFL Galant FS because of MOT

Yacuza
10-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi.
Can someone help me?
I need to buy/borrow a Stock cat back system for my MOT..
It s a PFL Galant 1999 VR4 manuel..

Need it realy quick. so hope someone in UK/Denmark/Sweden can help me out...
PS: i live in Norway

Thanks

crazydriver81
10-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Hi.
Can someone help me?
I need to buy/borrow a Stock cat back system for my MOT..
It s a PFL Galant 1999 VR4 manuel..

Need it realy quick. so hope someone in UK/Denmark/Sweden can help me out...
PS: i live in Norway

Thanks

Try to get in touch with GalantOnly - He is in Denmark and might have what you are looking for.

Yacuza
10-06-2014, 07:22 PM

Davezj
10-06-2014, 10:30 PM
i have a cat back standard exhaust if you really need it. cat and cat back can be supplied but shipping would be really expensive. best to go with a local supply and pay a bit more. or work out a rate just to borrow the exhaust and then give it back afterwards.

Yacuza
10-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Hmm ok. I dont think they sell this exhaust in Norway since it never been imported here by mitsu dealer. I guess stock cat-back V6 n/a doesnt fit?? They did sell thouse cars.
If i borrow it what would shipping be?? And a rate from you??

Davezj
10-06-2014, 10:46 PM
sorry stian it would be very expensive, i could supply the cat back exhaust with cat for £150 plus postage, but postage could be £200, i just don't know.
that is why i say just get it local.
the front wheel drive 8G exhaust will probably not fit.
why does your car fail MOT is it just you do not have a CAT fitted why not just get one welded into you exhaust or get the flanges welded in and fit a removable CAT.

Yacuza
10-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Wow... thats HIGH.. its a first time registration for the car in Norway. And i do think they want it stock.
Its a 3" from cat and back. Doesnt sound that bad to me. Guess the emissions dont cange due to bigger exhaust?
The back bit did actualy come from my fwd 8g car. But with smal modifications..

Yacuza
10-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Where do they sell cat-backs that ships to norway?? I looked at the yahoo.jp sales site but didnt understand it. Camskill dont have in stock and looks cheeky. Not my cup of tea.

Davezj
10-06-2014, 11:07 PM
if you have a cat fitted why is your car failing the mot.

Yacuza
10-06-2014, 11:35 PM
I havent taken the MOT yet but he strongly suggested that i change to stock exhaust... And since this is a First time reg for VR4 here ithink im beeing smart to follow his orders. Just to play it safe.

Davezj
10-06-2014, 11:45 PM
rather tahn spend money on a stock cat abck take the car to an mot station and get it tested, if you have a cat fitted then there is a good possibility that it will pass and mot.
if it fails then tell the mot tester to take your car out for a 10 min thrash, you need to get the cat a hot as possible, then do the emissions test, it has the best possible chance of passing when it is really hot. it might just save you a load of money.

posting stuff to scandinavian countries i stupidly expensive from the UK.

Yacuza
10-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Ok we can try that then. Thanks :)

Davezj
11-06-2014, 06:58 AM
i might have a spare second cat as well and this would be much easier and cheaper to send to norway. but i will have to see if i have the second spare, i would not wat to sell the cat from a complete exhaust system on it's own and break up the complete system.

i you interested, will have a look in the shed to see if i can locate it, it would be £50 plus the postage.
i can have a look at the postage cost for you of you are interested.

let me know.

Yacuza
13-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Hi. Sorry for letting you last reply go un noticed. Ok check the postage pliz thank you.