PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lithuania!

Sashiukas
11-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Hello everybody, after reading a lot of threads on these forums, I've decided to introduce myself.

My name is Alex, I'm 20 and I live in Lithuania.

Currently I'm driving n/a Mitsubishi Galant V6.
A car I had before was the 2.0 version of Galant, so the next step should be VR-4 ;)

I've found these forums by looking for information about these powerful beasts, most forums seemed to be US-based for 6th gen VR-4's. Been constantly looking into the sales section and it seems to be not be too hard to find a VR-4 for a decent price (compared to german car sales website for example). Also it's always nice to read threads where people introduce their cars with all kinds of mods.

Hopefully, one cold winter day I'll feel how rear wheels will help me to get off the snowy path on the road ;)

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad english, as it is not my primary language.

Bender
11-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Welcome to ClubVR4

Nick Mann
11-06-2014, 06:36 AM
/Welcome
I hope you enjoy your cars, both current and future!

Davezj
11-06-2014, 07:00 AM
hi and welcome to the club.

Rambaud
11-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Welcome, Alex./Welcome

Your English is excellent - much better than my Lithuanian. :2thumbsup

crazydriver81
11-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi and welcome!

Enjoy your time around. As you said, the prices for VR-4's in Germany are crazy. Better to buy a good car directly from UK. Lately there was a Galant VR-4 manual in white for sale. Car required a bit of repairing of the rear arches but this was reflected in the price of the car.

Oh, and I would suggest to hook up with the ClubVR4 facebook group. There are a lot more people around...

Sashiukas
11-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks everyone :)

@Nick, weren't they made to enjoy them? :) Sure I will :P

@Doug, thank you :)

@Stefan, Yes, I saw that offer, won't be able to buy a VR-4 anytime soon, maybe next year, but who knows... ;) And I'm interested in direct buy from UK not just because there's bigger choise of them and price seems to be more realistic, but also because I love traveling... Taking a flight to UK after finding a decent car and then riding it back to home sounds like a lot of fun and a big adventure :) Also thanks for telling me about Facebook group, I've missed that somehow... Been looking for discussions about VR-4 performance, bad bits etc.. :)

dodo_ireland
11-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi and welcome, definitely go for the opportunity if you will have! It is worth every penny:)

Sashiukas
11-06-2014, 10:04 PM
After getting welding master (or whatever they're called in english, those guys, who will weld paths on rusty spots/holes) to take a look at the bottom of my V6, it looks like I'll be getting VR-4 sooner then expected. As it doesn't seem like if I'll be able to pass MOT :(
Gotta wait until september, when it will be legal to register RHD cars in Lithuania, as for now there's no way to do so and I'd have to do LHD conversion before registering (extra ~1200 GBP)

Sashiukas
16-07-2014, 07:46 PM
By the way, I just now noticed that I didn't put up any pictures, so here's a fresh one with a new bumper and grill :)

Sashiukas
23-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Good game...

Erni902
23-07-2014, 05:38 PM
That doesnt look so good at all :( What happened?

Nick Mann
23-07-2014, 06:03 PM
:inquisiti

Sashiukas
23-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Uhh, won't be easy to explain in english for me lol...

Well, it was early morning, I was going to go to other city, was on a big road following a BMW E34, while it suddenly stopped, I also pushed my brake down, but for some odd reason ABS did not work (I'm sure it was working yesterday as I had to brake harder once), so my galant just slided into the BMW's ass :( There's only small damage for the bmw, the bumper lip got cracked, will need bumper repainting and trunk door got hit in the bottom, so it doesn't look okay aswell...
For me this accident is a lot bigger... I've lost the bumper grill (well, I still have small pieces of it inside of my car) and it's very rare here, in Lithuania... Usually takes a few month to find 1... Hood needs repairing, the front panel went ~10cm (~4 inches) closer to the engine and the radiator was right on exhaust manifold... Both headlights cannot be used anymore. Strange, but my bumper is in good condition, no cracks, just a few scratches!
For now, I've pulled the front panel back to where it needs to be in, so I can close the hood now :) Replaced headlights, used my old front grill, but it doesn't fit well, not sure if it's because of hood, or because the gap is still too big and needs to be adjusted...

Here's how it looks like after all the work... Also trying to sell it now, as the MOT is ending soon and I can't afford to completely fix it to pass the MOT :( Gotta buy some kind of a boring car if any1 buys this and then start saving up for a VR-4 :)