PDA

View Full Version : My car wouldn't start this morning

Colin Wiltshire
19-06-2014, 11:14 AM
As above my car wouldn't start this morning, Last thing I wanted at 02:30. so had to take the wifes C4. Luckily she was cycling into work today.

Unlocked the car, got in turned the ignition on, all fine. However, when I turned the key to start, it didn't start ( I know this problem is due to the ignition switch), turned off then on, then held it on for about 10 secs waiting for the switch to engage. It then went click the all the dash lights went out, completely dead. Lights, central locking still worked.

I finished my round early today, so went home to play with my car. Tried to start it, nothing. So I started looking at the fuses in the engine bay, and found a 30amp fuse had gone, (a pink tall thing, clear top with B509 on the side). So got some wire and spade connectors with a normal blade fuse (just to test that was the only problem), it was so moved the electric windows fuse over to get it to start.

Thing is, it's hot, windows now don't open and ac doesn't work.

Popping into Halfords on way back to work, hope they'll have 1, or 2

Nick Mann
19-06-2014, 01:21 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?46787-VR4-Fuse-Blocks-Cabin-amp-Engine-Bay&highlight=fuse+box

Which one, Colin? I'm guessing it is the fan fuse in the engine bay from your description. No idea why that would blow but maybe if you narrow it down someone will have an idea?

Colin Wiltshire
19-06-2014, 04:21 PM
It was the ignition fuse, Number 14 in the pic.

Halfords didn't have any, nor did Mitsubishi/Citroen (although I think they're just Citroen now, even though there is the diamond sign on the wall)

Managed to find a 25amp fuse, from a car parts shop in Wincanton, it's better than nothing, which I put in the elec windows, so all working again for now