PDA

View Full Version : Import sat nav help!

Ramjam
01-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Hi anyone.....

I have jaunt bought a mitsi grandis chariot or space wagon import it's fine but the sat nav and writing on the stereo is all in Japanese the writing isn't a big deal but the sat nav thinks I'm in the sea.
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about it and if I can get uk or European software for it or a uk spec unit. I thought this would be the best place to start asking.....i do have a pfl legnum too but I'll save that for another thread!
Any help or advice appreciated

Ram

elnevio
02-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Have you got a pic?

If it's the later widescreen MMCS, then you can get a CD-ROM to translate it into English. Unfortunately, you can't use the Sat Nav, as it is JDM-only, using mapping software that only has Japan maps available.

chris g
02-07-2014, 11:06 AM
If you do this carefully you can achieve a safe and satisfactory outcome

Cover youself with protective garment

Obtain metallic device with non-slip handle and suitable head - flat or cross as appropriate

Identify securing points of item and any electrical connection

Use metallic device with suitable to head to loosen securing points and then remove item after ensuring electrical connections have been severed

You do not need to be wearing rubber boots or earth yourself to avoid electric shocks

Place item in sutiable receptacle to be then removed safely from your premises by authorised disposal operative

Obtain suitable UK item and generally reverse process to allow use of UK item

HTH

Ramjam
06-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Have you got a pic?

If it's the later widescreen MMCS, then you can get a CD-ROM to translate it into English. Unfortunately, you can't use the Sat Nav, as it is JDM-only, using mapping software that only has Japan maps available.

Thanks that helps a lot, I'm not to worried about it really was wondering more if uk stereo would go straight in because the writing on the controls is all Japanese it wasn't a big deal at first but is now getting on my nerves!
I do have a few more questions concerning this car just wondered if it is ok to ask about it here as it uses same 2.4 gdi engine as galant I believe?