PDA

View Full Version : WTB rear wheel abs sensor,

bukah
06-07-2014, 09:31 AM
hi,can anyone help ,im in need of a rear left abs wheel speed sensor for my 1996 legnum vr4 as ive been told that this is the reason my speedo is not working when checked at my local garage .the car is also holding back as the sensor signal is not getting to the ecu? i dont know if this is correct but thats what ive been told, as i am a new owner and new club member i would appreciate any advice ,cheers kev.

TAR
06-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Welcome to the club.

A bad ABS sensor should not affect the performance of the car.

Tell us what the symptons are and we may be able to help

:happy:

bukah
12-07-2014, 01:40 PM
hi,sorry about delay in replying to your comment but have know taken car to mitsubishi mechanic who is highly recommended and when i explained to him that the car was holding back and engine management light was on and speedo wasnt working he seemed to also think that it was linked to rear left abs wheel speed sensor but they are like rocking horse s**t to get hold of and well over £200+vat and not availible from the uk,keeping my fingers crossed ,cheers kev

horndog
12-07-2014, 02:29 PM
You might have more luck buying a rear hub carrier, complete with sensor as they have a tendency to break if removed thats why there arent many 2nd hand ones about.

Did you retrieve the Fault code - and How? (generic code readers are prone to miss reading the VR4 fault codes)
Replacing the ABS sensor will not get the speedo working again, they get the signal from the gearbox.

Nick Mann
12-07-2014, 03:19 PM
I would agree with the above, the abs sensor will not have anything to do with the speedo not working.

ersanalamin
12-07-2014, 06:53 PM
seems to me the IFS sensor failed

horndog
12-07-2014, 07:07 PM
seems to me the IFS sensor failed
Doesent the IFS control the rev counter not the speedo?

ersanalamin
12-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Doesent the IFS control the rev counter not the speedo?

Yeah but he said the car was also holding back.

bukah
13-07-2014, 10:07 AM
thanks for the info very much appreciated,cheers kev