PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust front pipe replacement

andydckent
10-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Hello,

I believe there are holes in the flexi part of the exhaust system in front of the cat on my Legnum. Camskills are asking for £400 - £430 pounds for a new part. Obviously this is a lot especially as I am temporarily a student again and I'm just wondering if there are any other alternatives or if it possible to repair the flexi part?

I found the following and assume that it is the same part?
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?70504-Stainless-steel-downpipes

Would appreciate some advice?

Thanks guys!

Andy

Davezj
10-07-2014, 07:28 PM
hi there,
yes you can do a temp fix on flex pipes and it involves drinking beer.

get yourself 1 or 2 steel beer cans, i can tell you that Kronenbourg 1664 comes in steel cans, drink contents of beer can, don't waste it.
Cut both ends of the can off (be careful sharp edges) use the steel sheet as a band aid. get exhaust gasket paste cover the area of the leak lots of it, put the beer can steel over it and use 2 jubalee clips on either end of the steel band aid to clamp it in place. this will work as temp fix i have done it loads of times.

but i have to say, i have heard nothing but good reviews of fassi1 fassi1 downpipes, and i will be looking to by some in the future. hopefully not to long.

galantnight
10-07-2014, 07:56 PM
hi there,
yes you can do a temp fix on flex pipes and it involves drinking beer.

get yourself 1 or 2 steel beer cans, i can tell you that Kronenbourg 1664 comes in steel cans, drink contents of beer can, don't waste it.
Cut both ends of the can off (be careful sharp edges) use the steel sheet as a band aid. get exhaust gasket paste cover the area of the leak lots of it, put the beer can steel over it and use 2 jubalee clips on either end of the steel band aid to clamp it in place. this will work as temp fix i have done it loads of times.

but i have to say, i have heard nothing but good reviews of fassi1 fassi1 downpipes, and i will be looking to by some in the future. hopefully not to long.

Save up for fassi downpipes and get it decated as well you will love it.

andydckent
11-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the advice.

Not sure I'm feeling quite up to crawling around underneath the car armed with a beer car (although this may have a numbing effect) I will definitely consider drinking the beer though.

Will have a closer look at these fassi1 downpipes though if there have been no complains.

Cheers

Andy

giblet
12-07-2014, 12:10 AM
I have a set of downpipes still sat waiting to be fitted if you are after a replacement. At this rate I won't get round to fitting them anytime soon.