PDA

View Full Version : Pump voltage

Polabear
16-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Anybody know what voltage the the fuel pump draws at tickover.....? too bloody dark and cold to go rippin back seats out and metering it, also when driving if possible...? Ta muchly...... :2thumbsup

psbarham
16-02-2005, 08:41 PM
12-14v but what you really need to know is how many amps , sorry this isn't much help to you , i'll go now

Polabear
16-02-2005, 08:44 PM
12-14v but what you really need to know is how many amps , sorry this isn't much help to you , i'll go now

Well thats what I thought, but someone has said that at tickover it draws 9v the same as the gto's, and on the hump it can draw as much as 13-14.2v it varies, hence the reason for the querie...lol

psbarham
16-02-2005, 09:00 PM
a lot of the voltage difference is down to the alternator current rising in line with the engine rev's , the proof of how hard it's working is the amount of amps it is drawing.

nlo
17-02-2005, 09:29 PM
i have read a thread some where on here about the voltage varing as you have said and there is some sort of re wire mod to allow max voltage using a relay,but amp wise you can check by removing the fuel pump fuse and running it through a meter but would estimate about 4amp. :rolleyes4

Polabear
19-02-2005, 05:01 PM
i have read a thread some where on here about the voltage varing as you have said and there is some sort of re wire mod to allow max voltage using a relay,but amp wise you can check by removing the fuel pump fuse and running it through a meter but would estimate about 4amp. :rolleyes4

Aha, someone else has come across it as well, well we will see when my new Walbro pump and hotwire kit arrive on monday...... /yes