PDA

View Full Version : removing front bumper

ShadyNZer
17-02-2005, 06:30 AM
anybody got instructions on how to remove the front bumper?? plus is it easy to put back on?

cheers

dickytim
17-02-2005, 07:06 AM
trying to appease the taniwha (if thats how you spell it)

Pescha
17-02-2005, 08:18 AM
So what are you insinuating dickytim? Not all Maaori (spelt correctly without a macron) is like that. What I think you are insinuating happens in all races! So becareful to what you say, people may get offended!

Cheers,
Pescha!

i3ooyah
17-02-2005, 09:14 AM
hahah

take off the headlights, jack the car up take off the front 2 wheels, take off the mudguard things under the front fenders & da rest is simple

you gettin that aftermarket front bumper shady?

Kenneth
17-02-2005, 09:33 AM
the bumper is mostly stuck on with those pannel thingies that just pop off. you know the ones... the ones that cause the stone guard to fall off :P

Nick Mann
17-02-2005, 02:07 PM
You don't need to remove the plastic popper things. There are a couple of bolts behind the grill/headlights, a couple underneath and two each side into the wing. The two bolts into the wing are the most awkward, as the bumper itself stops you gettin easy access.

I have a photo at home somewhere, so if you can wait a few hours I'll post it up.

ShadyNZer
17-02-2005, 08:36 PM
hahah

take off the headlights, jack the car up take off the front 2 wheels, take off the mudguard things under the front fenders & da rest is simple

you gettin that aftermarket front bumper shady?
lol nah my fronts too low to get a wheel alignment, sensor hits my bumper.....so its either pay firestone $30 an hour to take it off or do it myself....might as well give it a jam or maybe jus take it back to mag and turbo and have a moan or something....

Just ask the Maroi daown the road bro.....chur
omly joking.
i am the 'maori' down the road :2thumbsup

but yeah cheers for the help, and Nick those pics should be a big help too

Nick Mann
17-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I did this a few months ago and can't quite remember, but I think there are 10 bolts to remove after the undertray. I have blobbed red on the locations where I think they are on one side of the car.

Hope this helps!

i3ooyah
17-02-2005, 10:12 PM
lol nah my fronts too low to get a wheel alignment, sensor hits my bumper.....so its either pay firestone $30 an hour to take it off or do it myself....might as well give it a jam or maybe jus take it back to mag and turbo and have a moan or something....

i am the 'maori' down the road :2thumbsup

but yeah cheers for the help, and Nick those pics should be a big help too

Go to mag n turbo to get it done, there use to low cars in there

Paul Beazer
18-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I did this a few months ago and can't quite remember, but I think there are 10 bolts to remove after the undertray. I have blobbed red on the locations where I think they are on one side of the car.

Hope this helps!

Nick!

Sorry for the intrusion everyone!
Was that your last VR4 (before my V6 sport)?! What were you doing to it?

Paul

PS Still loving the Sport, gonna let my other half's nipper drive it tonight (under supervision, im worried!), he just passed his test today! Am I a nice guy or what? :inquisiti

Kieran
18-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Nick!

Sorry for the intrusion everyone!
Was that your last VR4 (before my V6 sport)?! What were you doing to it?

Paul

PS Still loving the Sport, gonna let my other half's nipper drive it tonight (under supervision, im worried!), he just passed his test today! Am I a nice guy or what? :inquisiti

That's his current VR-4. I imagine Nick's been trying to get the crease out of the valence lip - or he wanted an easy ATF flush?

ShadyNZer
20-02-2005, 12:48 AM
sweet as, cheers for the help

dickytim
20-02-2005, 06:34 AM
it seems my comments have backfired on me (karma) I was at repco the other day (picking up cleaning products not audio) When I caught my front bumper on a curb ripping it on the drivers side, the damage was not too bad, it looks like I have lost 1 bolt and broken 1 point where it attaches right next to the wheel arch, all I could think was this is karma for my bad comments so I will remove them and offer my appologies to anyone I have offended :oops:

ShadyNZer
20-02-2005, 06:39 AM
lol mustve made the maori gods angry....

off subject, anyone been to parallel imports shop??? man they got some good sh!t in there...

martin_y
27-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Removed mine for painting today. Right front bolt where it joins the fender was a b1tch. I had to remove wheel arch liner, and washer spray bottle to get to it.

pitslayer
27-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Removed mine for painting today. Right front bolt where it joins the fender was a b1tch. I had to remove wheel arch liner, and washer spray bottle to get to it.
Thats why its usually refered to as "Oh...That bolt" yes its an absoulete nightmare to do, especially if you dont have a small ratchet and socket 20 extensions bars, and 12 knuckles /lol very tedious work

IIRC,
Remove grill
Take out headlights 2 bolts on the inner grill side, one bolt to the wing down by the indicator, and another bolt ontop
Remove wheels(easy access, not needed, just helps)
2 bolts at up underneath attaching to wing
2 bolts behind number plate
Try to remove washer bottle, one bolt in the engine bay, and 2 maybe 3 on behind the side of the bumper.....Swear lots
2 bolts on the drivers side attaching to wing, swear even more
unpop all the clips...

That should be it iirc, and in theory fitting is the reverse of removal...in theory

you will need a swear jar, took me about half hour to do the one side, and 1.30 hours to do the other side