PDA

View Full Version : Ignition

Salvo
20-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Since I got the car, 5 weeks, i had to turn the engine for anything between 20 and 30 sec before it started from cold. Yesterday the back box decided to detach itself from the pipe and since then the engine fires up after a couple of turns. is this a coincidence? or is there an underlying factor?

Jazzcam
20-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Have you checked the back box for a blockage ?
If it's ok it's coincidence and it's probably something else

Salvo
20-07-2014, 11:37 AM
No the back box is virtually off I'm getting rewelded tomorrow. i just found it odd in the first place the amount of time it took to start but now like i said a couple of turns and it fires up

Davezj
20-07-2014, 12:44 PM
No the back box is virtually off I'm getting rewelded tomorrow. i just found it odd in the first place the amount of time it took to start but now like i said a couple of turns and it fires up

do what jazzcam suggest and check to see if there is any kind of restriction in the back box, they cam fail and the wadding inside can block the flow of the exhaust, but not completely, it is worth shining a tourch down the back box from both ends to see if there is anything obviously wrong.
if there was a small restiction it might cause and issue, it is a possibility and worth checking.

Salvo
20-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks Dave will do taking it off tomorrow at work one of the welders is gonna weld it up for me. Where in Manchester are you?

Davezj
21-07-2014, 01:30 AM
south manchester sale area.

not that far from you, you should come up to one of our north west meets. meet some people and put some faces to names.

Salvo
01-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Hey Dave I'll take you up on that i'm hoping to get the big service done end of the month so I'll try and do October