PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Palmz
01-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Heyja from Iceland Im new to this forum but im not new to galants ive owned a usdm galant fro about 5 years love it and i bought a 2000mdl jdm 2.0l 5spd galant not so long ago.

now im in the progress of getting a vr4 engine with the rear diff and transmission and stuff its basically a front clip anywhozys i was wondering since i dont get the rear subframe nor the rear cv axels could i get these items of another car say like an eclipse? or something like that. i can fabricate alot of things but a cv axle and bearing aint one of them.

thanks in advance.

I guess i forgott to say that its a 8 gen Galant

Here is a pic of the brothers.

MYKEY
01-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Hi Palmi, /Welcome2 hope you enjoy your stay, as for the subframe etc I can't help, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

Bender
02-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Hi and welcome to ClubVR4

CANDEE
02-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Unless the car is already 4wd, its a lot of work to convert it. The floor of the car is different as far as im aware, so you would need more than the subframe etc.

Palmz
03-08-2014, 03:12 AM
i know for a fact that a eclipse subframe will bolt on a usdm galant u dont know if the jdm is any different. and really im kind of expecting i will have to modify my own subframe for the diff im not worryd about the subframe as much im worryd about the cv axles and wheel hubs that go on to the axles in the rear. so im kind of curious if i can buy a cv axle from like a evo or something more common like that and it will fit the VR4 diff

and please, I know this is allot of work but that's what makes it fun ive actually done harder things on stupider cars sooo....

Palmz
03-08-2014, 03:12 AM
double post my bad

kiwigalant
03-08-2014, 04:18 AM
Welcome Palmi. Funnily enough I've just been reading this thread. http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?47689-First-USDM-8g-AWD-swap-Completed

Palmz
03-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Thank you ive read that post. i know everything can be made to fit but what i want most of all is to make it look as much oem as possible my plan C is that ill have to weld up a bracket for a eclipse diff and make that all work but i would like to use a vr4 subframe later and like i said make it look as much as it would from the factory that i can

supermario62
07-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Hi new to this club have owned a few vr4s but most recent one is giving me a bit of headache , 1997 type S 6a13 is there anyone ever had the problem when accelerating hard vibration coming from rear near side

MastaG
08-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Hi and welcome!!!

Palmz
08-10-2014, 11:49 PM
just got the front clip today and i actualy got it with the rear subframe and drive shaft, axles and diff.. so thats a big plus now for the hard part

Btw for more frequent updates i post alot more on TheGalantCenter.org but ill try to post here regularly, its just i feel like i dont know anybody here but i feel so much at home on TGC