PDA

View Full Version : sunroof

billybobboot
04-08-2014, 10:56 PM
first off hi all new to these cars but not this car sence ive know it sence gareth got it imported.

im now on a tidy and fix mission.

first to be fixed are the window wind delectors been removed cleaned up door window panels repainted black and wind deflectors refitted..
second are the mirrow mounts and surrounds being re painted black and the wiper arms all re painted black
inside lights all now fixed and working.
front centre lower bumper trim riveted back in place.
number plate surround on front refitted.
third will be repaint roof bars black and take rear spoiler off and repaint silver once got paint code.
after wheels to be repainted
mean while ayc pump rebuild kit is on order to rebuild and fit slight loss in pressure.

after a very good wash and wax and polish then photos.

gareth if you read this sorry couldn't wait to get started wanted her perfect before I drive her! you can see results when you get you ass back here for a visit if your good ill let you drive her!!!!

now the hard one!! the sunroof

at first thought it was the motor but that's working fine seams the sunroof is physicly stuck. is there a maual way to open and shut it so I can find out where its sticking prob just not been used for so long something has corroded in place. any help is good I like to use the sunroof for the fresh air as air con on all the time give me a headache so want it working!!!!

Gly
05-08-2014, 01:31 AM
no cannot move manually,
I had the same issue with mine, even when I took it out I could not fine why it jammed,

I replaced the whole unit, but parts are easier/cheap to come by here

billybobboot
05-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Cool once sorted everything elts will look at getting replacement while its dry

chris g
05-08-2014, 04:44 PM
AYC pump rebuild kit...?

Who supplies those...?

giblet
05-08-2014, 10:03 PM
AYC pump rebuild kit...?

Who supplies those...?

Possibly this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321475925317

billybobboot
10-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Thes a company I found and Gareth found that does rebuilds for 250 or you can buy the kit for 100 and have a go yourself. The ayc pump isnt much diffrent from hydrolic pumps I use to rebuild so thought I would have ago as I have accsess to sand and aqua blaster to clean up bits.

chris g
10-08-2014, 10:09 AM
We know of RogerRally from MLR who does AYC pump refurbish but not aware of other companies or possibility of kits for diy refurbish...

Nick Mann
11-08-2014, 04:59 PM
There is a fuse in an extra holder behind the coin tray for the sunroof. It's a 30A I think? It's not in the main run, but in a little holder to the left of the main plastic assembly. Worth a check....

billybobboot
11-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Found out its the pass side runner is stuck. Drivers side is free and motor all working just pass side not moving.