PDA

View Full Version : I'm impressed

Colin Wiltshire
15-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I parked up out side my inlaws, to pick up the dog (they dog sit while we're both at work), Had those bloody cold callers going round, the one next door, as he came out, asked me "if my car was a vr4?"
I was well impressed, as someone out side club vr4 knew what it was.

adaxo
15-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Have you got club stickers on? :whistle:

Most annoying question/comments what I've had few times is

'Is it fast... mate???' /whip:rifle:

Colin Wiltshire
15-08-2014, 05:00 PM
UMMM, no I haven't. I'm after an all red sticker before I put them on.
The answer to that question is, Depends what you race it against, against an F1 car, then the answer is no.

Dimes
15-08-2014, 07:35 PM
It's nice when you get a knowing comment about the VR4 from strangers. It amazes me how low under the radar they went, when people I know who I thought knew about cars asks you what it is you have to wonder.
But then the Q factor is another reason why I love mine.

giblet
15-08-2014, 07:46 PM
The Q car factor is brilliant. I need to remove both the Ralliart and the VR4 badge from my bootlid though to add to the subtleness.

giblet
15-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Oh and I say that as someone who previously owned a VR4 with a fairly attention grabbing bodykit. Realised that its much better to have go without the show rather than the other way around.

Colin Wiltshire
15-08-2014, 08:09 PM
that its much better to have go without the show rather than the other way around.

Why not have both? That's what I'm trying to do

adaxo
15-08-2014, 08:22 PM

:iagree:/yeathat

giblet
15-08-2014, 09:37 PM

:iagree:/yeathat

Negative attention. I had a *****r boot my nsr door whilst driving through Leeds city centre. Got mistaken for a drug dealer in another part of Leeds. Had abuse from some folk and too much attention from the boys in blue. The second VR4 got zero attention in the short time I owned it but surprised several cars as a result. For what its worth I think Adam's Legnum looks spot on, suitably menacing and rather quick to boot!

adaxo
15-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Tbh I would not like grab too much attention too, IMO vr4 looks very cool from factory and as you say I try to keep it fairly standard but still different from stock by adding super skirts d-tec covers etc, actually I'm pretty much done on the look side of my car.

giblet
15-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Well this is the one that got all the attention -

Plan for the current one is subtle. Brembo calipers are being refurbed in what I think should be a fairly subtle colour. Wheels will be 17" Evo ones that don't stand out too much and ride height will be just low enough to handle without causing issues on speed bumps. No Fujitsubo this time round either.

Colin Wiltshire
15-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Doesn't stand out that much, Evo spoiler, but that's standard on evo's.
Unlike mine, it's also a little lower than that now too

giblet
15-08-2014, 10:36 PM
The spoiler was made by Erebuni and seemed to be a slightly modified Evo one. Bonnet was similar to yours. To each their own. If we all liked the same thing then the world would be a boring place! There's a ridiculous amount of both marked and unmarked police cars near where I live and on my commute to work so discreet is the key word for me.

Colin Wiltshire
15-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Luckily I don't have trouble here, as it's just a town, and I live off the main road. Makes me smile watching the heads turn as I drive by.

adaxo
16-08-2014, 07:54 AM
I dont get why you Gib worry so much about police, I think our cars are maintained much better than most and I never drive under influence of anything so, me personally, not bother if i past patrol or if they stop me (never did, yet) I know my car is within regs so why bother?.

Anyway there is how my looks like most recently :sunny:

Pugme
18-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Ive never had any issues with police in mine. Maybe the fact yours is dark with blacked out windows they think its more "gangsta" haha :)

I love the attention mine gets, the only time its a little weird is when peopme sit next to me on the motorway just on the back corner, u can feel them staring