PDA

View Full Version : bmc cda be up to the job?

billybobboot
19-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Hi my vr4 has the maf (now removable with ecu) with blitz filter im looking at removing the maf compleatly as this now isnt needed on the car.
Question
As i have a new bmc cda bought for my rx7 thats now gone but kept the filter will this flow enough air? Also i have to conceder the advantages of it as i can get a direct cold air into the air filter + will fit onto the existing pipe no probs and fits where the afm and current air filter do and not need to move the batttery. But is it upto the job for 300-350bhp?

Nick Mann
19-08-2014, 01:34 PM
I can't comment on the filter, I don't know anything about it. But without the MAF, the best solution has to be a filter on to each turbo? I don't think a cold air feed is a massive consideration personally, as once the car is moving the air in the engine bay would be changing enough to make a negligible difference.

swinks
19-08-2014, 08:07 PM
BMC CDA filters have smaller openning and output than actual stock snorkel and MAF entry. I got one in the past and modified one to remove airflow restrictions. In the end, those filters may be good for n/a vehicles, but no good for VR4.
IMo, not worth a hassle.

billybobboot
20-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Ill prob look at air filter per turbo then. Just thought i would check before selling ect as the bmc was the 100mm entry and exit ie the biggest they did and is ment for v6 and v8 engines for upto 350. Might keep and get another if will fit for air filter on each turbo