PDA

View Full Version : EOI Buy the Salvage? - Manual, FL, Legnum, 2000, Cat D

jaspa
22-08-2014, 12:17 PM
You'll need to be quick if you want this as it's in the process of being written off but basically I was going to buy back the salvage and repair it but I'm not going to have the opportunity now as I'm loosing my storage.

Basically, It's has a ding on the passenger side rear quarter; Bumper and wing are both dented as is the outer and inner lights sections which puts it above economical repair.

The car is now out of MOT too so would need trailering away, but if you want it, the salvage price is £670 +/- you should easily be able to make this back breaking but as said above, I'm loosing my storage so thought I'd give someone else the opportunity.

It's based in Surrey at the moment, Drop me a PM if you want more information but I'm away for the weekend so won't be able to get too much information until monday.

Important bits: It's a facelift legnum and It's a manual (from factory) otherwise it's all standard.

Stuart

acer24
23-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi! I care. You can send pictures?
ludasmatyi3x@gmail.com

Steve

You'll need to be quick if you want this as it's in the process of being written off but basically I was going to buy back the salvage and repair it but I'm not going to have the opportunity now as I'm loosing my storage.

Basically, It's has a ding on the passenger side rear quarter; Bumper and wing are both dented as is the outer and inner lights sections which puts it above economical repair.

The car is now out of MOT too so would need trailering away, but if you want it, the salvage price is £670 +/- you should easily be able to make this back breaking but as said above, I'm loosing my storage so thought I'd give someone else the opportunity.

It's based in Surrey at the moment, Drop me a PM if you want more information but I'm away for the weekend so won't be able to get too much information until monday.

Important bits: It's a facelift legnum and It's a manual (from factory) otherwise it's all standard.

Stuart

jaspa
24-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Hi Steve,

I'll get some pics up on Monday for you.

Stuart

Davezj
24-08-2014, 04:07 PM
adaxo. Is this worth us going 50:50 on

adaxo
24-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Yes I would snap this but we need to add and arrange transport which could be complicated and costly. But yes I'm interested to buy this all depends on seller.

Davezj
25-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Yes I would snap this but we need to add and arrange transport which could be complicated and costly. But yes I'm interested to buy this all depends on seller.

I am not sure quite how to do the shipping but my parents live down south so if it is possible to get the car fixed and mot then driving it back to Manchester would be the best solution.
We would have to trailer the car to my parents.
It all depends on the damage, if it can be patched up to get an mot locally.

I don't know how much trailering costs. It might be cost effective to trailer it anyway.

giblet
25-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Try getting a quote for transport on Shiply. Can get some reasonable prices on there at times.

jaspa
26-08-2014, 09:17 AM
I took pics last night, I'll get them uploaded this evening when I get home the inlaws rudely supplied me with food and drink so I didn't get around to it last night.

It all depends on the damage, if it can be patched up to get an mot locally.

the light cluster will not pass as it's not complete (it's glued back together but is missing a section of red plastic. When I started it the AYC light also stayed on (not sure if this is normal but didn't think so, I didn't move the car more than a couple of foot back/forward to keep brakes from seizing).

The power steering pulley needs looking at too, not an MOT issue but making you aware.

the Tax expires at the end of the month btw. But if you definately want it, The car is stored off road at my inlaws so can keep it for a little while (not too long, My inlaws moan ALOT /pale)

The car is in need of a decent service too, I've not driven her much since march as I bought an MR2 roadster for the summer and was intending to spend some time on the leggie while it's not in daily use, then had to move some stuff for a friend and this happened.

Finally the insurance co has all the service history and V5 etc at the moment, once I get that back I can forward it on to you.

This is the car in question btw:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?66404-Manual-Legnum-VR-4-2000-Hemel-Hempstead-Herts

Davezj
27-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Well we have discussed at length and have come to the conclusion that this car is not for us.

jaspa
27-08-2014, 08:13 AM
No worries Dave, thanks for letting me know.

Stuart

adaxo
27-08-2014, 12:18 PM
No worries Dave, thanks for letting me know.

Stuart

Yeah, sorry for messing about, it's just too far from Man, that was the main reason of not getting it.

jaspa
27-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Don't worry my friend, its no hassle for me and i'd rather she is put to good use somewhere than going to the crusher.

ljc100
28-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Any pictures?

jaspa
30-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Now gone. Hope you got back OK John.

Stuart