PDA

View Full Version : Too Noise!

jesterjack
18-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Hi my exhaust is too noise. Cant stand it on Motor way. Any idea how to reduce the noise apart from taking them off,Please?
Many thanks!

Roadrunner
18-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Every exhaust has a resonant frequency. If your exhaust isn't matched to the car, and therefore resonating and creating a hum or drum inside the car, there's really nothing you can do other than replace it for something that's designed for the car. If it's just that the exhaust is noisy, you could try adding a baffle in-line, but that's a bit trial-and-error and you may end up altering the resonance and adding to the problem. Or you could jam a box of Brillo pads up the tailpipe ... ;) No easy fix ...

jesterjack
18-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks for ur advise. I have called the exhaust company and they said they can do sth abt it. Well, not too sure how do they do it but will go there and see! Hope not so expensive!

Kieran
18-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks for ur advise. I have called the exhaust company and they said they can do sth abt it. Well, not too sure how do they do it but will go there and see! Hope not so expensive!

Which exhaust company mate?

Big Ian
18-02-2005, 10:23 PM
have you an after-market set up..also what's it made of? (or a picture?)

jesterjack
19-02-2005, 07:40 PM
It's made of Longlife. And I'll have done it in London centre. But I dont think that I'll do it that soon as it's ok on normal road.

Any commons?