PDA

View Full Version : Issue with dash lights, mirrors and clock not working

Hadescerb
27-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Morning good people

I have a 52 plate vr4 legnum. This morning I attempted to use the ciggie lighter as a plug in for a tyre inflator. Worked fine for 30 seconds, then all quite. Fuse blown me thinks. After 15 minutes trolling through the manual I find that there are fuses in two areas, under the bonnet and in the drivers footwell. book says ciggie fuse in drivers foot well. Indeed this is the case. Replace blown fuse in no 5 slot, alls well again.

However, I then notice that the dash display has not lit up when the ignition is on (fault lights OK), and looking around further, discover that the clock is not illuminated, and my mirror ajdustments dont work. Check manual again and cant find anything relating to these functions. The only hint in the guide is a title named 'gauge'. fuse 4 it would appear. Check fuse 4, all OK. replace it anyway just to be sure. nothing. So for thoroughness, check all fuses in the footwell, and in the engine compartment. No joy.

over to the experts, any ideas chaps?

Davezj
27-08-2014, 01:48 PM
did you just visually check the fuses of use a resistance meter to check them. sometimes it is very difficult to see if a fuse is blown or not.
make sure you check them properly it can save you so much time in the long run as i have been there and done that, stripped the dash out only to find it was a fuse blown but just a tiny break in the end of the fuse not the normal middle bit.

Hadescerb
27-08-2014, 02:09 PM
I guess the issue really is which fuse is it and where is it located.

I switched fuses around, no difference.

Colin Wiltshire
27-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Does the car still start? I had a fuse go, that resulted in no dash lights and no start either. Was a pink square fuse in the engine bay that had gone, same as the electric window fuse.

Hadescerb
27-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi Colin

yes, car still starts and everything else appears to function. I am sure its just onefuse or relay, its just a question of which.

Nick Mann
27-08-2014, 05:32 PM
This thread is a good one to check for fuses:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?46787

Z-Kev
04-09-2014, 06:57 PM
pink fused link in the engine bay had that affect on mine,bottom left marked electric window