PDA

View Full Version : white surround headlights

billybobboot
28-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Just found a set of oem crystal clear legnum headlights but the inner plastic surround is white not black? Are these normally a rare part? Also could anyone tell me if they would look ok on a Hamilton silver car as would really like black crystal lights with twin projectors but cant find any except in usa

Davezj
28-08-2014, 11:01 PM
White is not a normal option to my knowledge.
The super pfl did come with silver suround on the silvers cars not sure about the red ones, it was probably left black.
But I have not come across a white soround.

billybobboot
28-08-2014, 11:06 PM
I found 2 both from japan
Both off the super both not seen silver. Mine are all gone yellow is do clean with t cut and polish but wanted to get crystal lights anyways these were just the white surrounds

Davezj
28-08-2014, 11:13 PM
USA spec light do not fit correctly in a JDM vr4, they leave a gap to the grill and a gap to the bumper under the indicator bit, but you could fill in the gaps with something to make them fit.

billybobboot
28-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Yer but usa have wrong light pattern. Why I was looking at this japan one.

Davezj
28-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Yer but usa have wrong light pattern. Why I was looking at this japan one.

The outside plastic/glass lens of the headlight unit does not do anything any more, it just lets light through it does not have any beam spreading/direction function, I believe is is true for all projector headlight units now, the direction for the beam is definded by the pattern mask in the projector lens itself, so I also believe the following can be done,
If the light are projector type you can dismantel the lens of the projector and flip the beam pattern mask and then they are set for uk roads as the cut off light pattern will be the other way.

Well this is what a few people on hear have done with projector they have retro fitted into the JDM headlight unit.

billybobboot
29-08-2014, 04:28 AM
I did look into this option just concerned if the lights I buy from usa cant easily be done would be a waste of money and time. As if I used usa ill end up with a gap and have to get a usa grill too. Just thought these jap white ones were another option but wasnt sure if wojld look right thsts all.

crazydriver81
29-08-2014, 09:46 AM
I believe the headlights with white shrouds and clear lens are items from the later Galant (which was sold as "Aspire" in Japan - chassis EC7A or EA7A).

http://bestartcarz.com/photo/md/mitsubishi-aspire/01/default.htm

billybobboot
29-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the pic look nice to me a bit different from the black but look ok with silver. Thats the oned now bought.

Nick Mann
31-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Mine are detangoed and silver, not white:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?63304-Nicks-Project-Hamilton&p=703282&viewfull=1#post703282

billybobboot
01-09-2014, 08:23 AM
The ones I got look just the same as that but guy said were white but looked semi silver in the pic I had a look about and saw some transit headlights with white/silver rather than black or chrome and looked really smart Ill add pics when they arrive just thought they were different to all the others.

billybobboot
17-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Headlight arrived and fitted today look amazing really change the front end having crystal clear lights and the silver/white (there like a metalic white) surrounds really finish them off well will add pics soon but really bright and clear and really sute silver cars. Very happy went for them would recomend them to anyone as a standard alternative to the stock black ones