PDA

View Full Version : best air filter with no maf sensor

billybobboot
07-09-2014, 09:25 AM
as title would an apexi be the best cant use stock air box as its not there and nor is the maf, maf was removed as causing problems on high boost with maf and filter

eventualy going to use bmc cda 100s as have one but need two but at 200 there not cheap so looking for a cheaper alternative for now till I build my twin air filter setup.

swinks
07-09-2014, 12:36 PM
For 85mm OD neck (intake post maf opening diammeter) I'd choose either Apexi dual Funnel or Pipercross foam.

billybobboot
07-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Wont use foam so apexi it is

Davezj
07-09-2014, 05:54 PM
what type of sensor have you replaced the MAF with?

billybobboot
07-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Pass its all done threw the hks ecu.

as far as I know it has some form of stock map sensor that will eventually be replaced with 3 bar one.

Found a new k&n from a ford rs 2008 also found it fits into my alfa 3.2 air box so going to retro fit the box in stock place of the stock box smooth it all down paint it as i can use the stock intake pipe + add another from infront of the gearbox up so should allow enough air in with out sufficating the engine as both airbox and filter are designed for big engines and power.

Davezj
07-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Pass its all done threw the hks ecu.

as far as I know it has some form of stock map sensor that will eventually be replaced with 3 bar one.

Found a new k&n from a ford rs 2008 also found it fits into my alfa 3.2 air box so going to retro fit the box in stock place of the stock box smooth it all down paint it as i can use the stock intake pipe + add another from infront of the gearbox up so should allow enough air in with out sufficating the engine as both airbox and filter are designed for big engines and power.

glad to here you have not just removed the MAF expecting to replce it with 2 cone filters.
just checking really.
nice mod though, to delete the MAF.

billybobboot
07-09-2014, 10:22 PM
I think gareth001 would have done it a while ago but didnt wanna change the air filter and the adapter pipe was £90 odd.
but decided I coulnt be assed to look anymore at 1.an unneeded maf & 2. At an airfilter 3 times the size as the intake pipe.

billybobboot
07-09-2014, 10:23 PM
And no not just removed for the sake of it removed as fcon dosnt need it