PDA

View Full Version : Boost Controller settings...

Axeboy
18-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Ive found a HKS EVC IV in the boot of the car... was removed during the SVA.

Its been installed fine and got the settings all set up.

Im wondering what to set both low boost and high boost?

The car is more or less standard, but has a Blitz exhaust.

Standard Boost has been measured at 0.51

Comments appreciated.

Spirit
18-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Around 0.90 is considered the "safest" route mate, although I admit my highest setting is 1.0bar

Axeboy
18-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Ive set low to 0.6 bar and high to 0.8..

It peaks at 0.85 approx....

It feels spicy enough anyway... im sure that the japanese owner has done something else to this car too...

:rolleyes4

paulmc
18-02-2005, 11:19 PM
280 bhp they should feel pretty quick.

turn the boost over 1 bar and see if you get a fuel cut, if not you have some good bits in there. dont run more than 1 bar on regular basis until you find out more.

Axeboy
18-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Will it be obvious?

Just hard for me to tell.

paulmc
18-02-2005, 11:53 PM
it will be obvious all right, fuel cut is like hitting a very hard rev limiter, it will happen when the MAF registers too much air flow and will cut the fuel, if you have an after market ecu you will have no fuel cut, or if you do it will be much higher say around 1.5-1.7 bar.

during cold weather the air is denser so you will only get around 0.9 - 1 bar boost, in the summer you may get as high as 1.2bar with no fuel cut, just need to play and see.

It is kind of hard to figure things out when buying things that are already tuned, it may be worth buying a Walbro fuel pump to be on the safe side, this will stop you running lean on higher boost.