PDA

View Full Version : evoscan problems....

rajvr497
09-09-2014, 06:16 AM
anyone getting problems with evoscan?
it updated,now it's giving trouble to load xml/rom files,
help please.....

Davezj
09-09-2014, 07:18 AM
You will have expand on you description of the issue.
What version of evoscan and what exactly is the issue.
I was using 2.9 for evoscan.

I had a problem with the live map tracer when I rebuilt my laptop and reinstalled all my software.
If it is a case of not being able to select the correct definition file when you select the rom file you want the map tracer to use I have a solution for that.
Evoscan looks at ecuFlash for the XML file even if you have rom file stored else where. It looks in the galant folder within the ecuFlash folder structure.
The fix is to delete everything from that folder in ecuFlash, then when evoscan looks for the XML and doesn't find it, it allows you to specify where the XML file you want to use.

Well that was my issue.

rajvr497
09-09-2014, 02:40 PM
dave,that's the exact issue i am getting with evoscan 2.9,still don't quiet understand what you telling me to do,can you simplify a little for me?

Davezj
09-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Basically when you try to specify the rom and XML files, the rom file is selected then evoscan goes to a location where it thinks the current xml file is for that rom file.
What you have to do is make a note of that location, go to it and either delete the files that are in that location or move them all out. Then try and specify the rom file again, once you have done that evoscan will ask you to specify the XML file location because it can't find any XML files in the location you have removed them from.

It should now work.
Don't ask me why it does this but it just does, it took me ages to work out what was wrong. I just started trying lots of different things to get it to work.

Hope this is a bit more easy to understand.

rajvr497
10-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Problem solved dave,thanks a million:smug: