PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Alarm Beep

giblet
10-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Seem to have an issue with the factory Cobra alarm system. When I arm the alarm I get a continuous beep coming from the alarm. The fob still locks and opens the doors but I can't seem to arm the alarm without it just beeping. Any ideas?

giblet
10-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Forgot to mention, the beep goes on for 45 seconds or so and then the alarm starts going off. Having to lock it with the key which means the alarm isn't armed.

evo1rs
10-09-2014, 12:14 PM
That used to happen on my old car if a door/boot/bonnet was open or if my kids were moving around too much! I'd check bonnet pin first

adaxo
10-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Yes check switches in bonnet, doors, boot some of them may not connect property and makes alarm to 'think' there's something not shut properly.

Kryton
10-09-2014, 12:58 PM
If you don't sort it, I uploaded instructions here that might have something useful in them...

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62913-Galant-Legnum-Cobra-Alarm-amp-Immobisier-Instructions&highlight=cobra+manual

giblet
10-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Cheers for the replies folks. Door switches seemed to be working fine until I took them out one by one. After putting them back it seems the drivers one is dead.

Edit - took the switch apart, cleaned it and fitted it in. All switches are now working as the interior lights go on and off as they should when each door is opened and closed but the alarm still beeps. Charged the battery to as a google search showed that it could be due to a low car battery but that hasn't done the trick either.

giblet
10-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Read the manual thanks to Chris's link above

"If the system is armed when one or more of the doors, boot or bonnet is open or ajar the buzzer will sound continuously until all the openings are secure. If they are not secured within 40 seconds the siren will sound".

Must be the bonnet or boot switch then.

Davezj
10-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Just check the interior light goes off when the boot is shut.
Oh no wait, you have a galloon so that probably does not have one that is visible when the boot shuts.
Is there a ski hatch or do the rear seat fold on a galloon.

giblet
10-09-2014, 10:48 PM
No ski hatch or folding seats. Might have to put someone in the boot to check that the light goes out...