PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Vis Clocks in mph and kmh

vr4terry
11-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi all,

I have recently required a Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Type-S.

It has the hi-vis clocks which look superb. The only problem is that since I live in Northern Ireland, for MOT purposes you need a dual marked speedo. I.e it needs to show both mph and kmh just incase the driver decides to go across the border in Ireland where the speed is in km's.

The clocks have not been changed from Japan and display and read in km's.

Does anyone know a stockist of dual faces for the legnum? Its the automatic version as the faces are different.

Or will the faces from a UK Galant vr4 fit?

elnevio
12-09-2014, 08:52 AM
A 'UK' Galant VR-4 just reads in MPH, there are no kph markings, as they use the same speedo it came from Japan with, but just converted to MPH like other JDM imports.
swinks sorted out some replacement clock faces a while ago, which are the only VR-4 items that have both MPH and kph markings. If one of these is still knocking around, that would no doubt help the cause?

swinks
12-09-2014, 01:06 PM
As Nev mentioned. There was group buy of twin scale hi-vis speedo facia for vr4. All sold out now and there won't be another GB unfortunately.
Maybe someone has still kicking around facia from previous order.

TAR
12-09-2014, 02:16 PM
I thought that being in NI would mean you have exactly the same MOT regulations as on the mainland?
I'm surprised that you need the speedo to dual read

:happy:

vr4terry
15-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Na its stupid over here to be honest...we need dual marked speedos incase we go across the border into southern ireland. Whereas the Irish NCT (irish version of mot) are ok with just kmh speedos direct from japan.

vr4terry
15-09-2014, 09:00 AM
As Nev mentioned. There was group buy of twin scale hi-vis speedo facia for vr4. All sold out now and there won't be another GB unfortunately.
Maybe someone has still kicking around facia from previous order.

Where were they got from? Incase the supplier had one still knocking about.

swinks
15-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Where were they got from? Incase the supplier had one still knocking about.
I was "the supplier". They were made in Poland, Warsaw in 2012 on special custom order. Batch of 30ish faces for VR4 and 120ish for Galant n/a. Non left now. :(

vr4terry
16-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your reply

Atik
16-09-2014, 12:19 PM
I think I have my one left as I never got round to fitting it.
It's marked with Legnum and has the knock and LPG icons on it.

vr4terry
18-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I think I have my one left as I never got round to fitting it.
It's marked with Legnum and has the knock and LPG icons on it.

Would you be interested in selling it? Can you send a picture of the faces?

Atik
18-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Hi Terry,

There is a pic of the dials in this thread. I had agreed a sale with someone else on these forums but they have said if you definitely want them its ok to sell on.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?71797-Remaining-parts-for-sale-from-stripped-Legnum-VR4

Looking for a tenner. Postage to you shouldnt be much.

vr4terry
18-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Hi Terry,

There is a pic of the dials in this thread. I had agreed a sale with someone else on these forums but they have said if you definitely want them its ok to sell on.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?71797-Remaining-parts-for-sale-from-stripped-Legnum-VR4

Looking for a tenner. Postage to you shouldnt be much.

Yes I will take it...Will do my job completely. Work out the postage to northern ireland and I will send you payment over paypal if thats ok next week.