PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest payloads - whats yours?

p1_
19-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Its a known fact that sometimes VR4s have to work for a living and carry stuff. But whats the weirdest 'ask' you've had for the boot of your legnum or galant? :inquisiti

Of course we are not supposing there will be any corpses out there (Funeral directors tend to opt for other mules) but there must be some stories to tell.

My biggest 'ask' would have been wall to wall smelly firewood, complete with worms, spiders and mud - cos I was too tight to pay for delivery. Never again - and yes she did forgive me. Its either that or me havin a kip :rolleyes4

Kyoshu
19-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Not really weird, but I lugged tiles in the boot and strapped gib board on the top for my parents new bathroom. I'm the only one out of the reli's with a car big enough.

psbarham
19-02-2005, 09:16 AM
i had enough native hedgeing in the boot of my saloon for a 7 acre feild (the plants are only 1foot high)

wirdy
19-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Explosives?

Kieran
19-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Complete wiring loom from another Galant!

enigma
19-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Errr.....A complete other Galant! :rolleyes4

Dan_G
19-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Hmm weirdest.... not sure..

mostly I have a drum kit in the back ...... but thats not very weird......

I think explosives wins it so far... /yes

any farmers out there put the odd sheep in the back..... although I guess that would be Scuberu Legacies not VR4's :smug:

psbarham
19-02-2005, 08:57 PM
any farmers out there put the odd sheep in the back..... although I guess that would be Scuberu Legacies not VR4's :smug:
i'm sure that is being covered by one of the other members , isn't it bernard?

I-S
19-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Today I managed quite a good one.

I squeezed 17 rolls of 200mm thick roof insulation into the boot with the seats down, and the other three went on the front passenger seat.

Ok, so it's not that weird, but it did completely block out any road noise from the rear tyres and any noise from the exhaust. And a few hours later and I now have an insulated house... And a knackered elbow.

Dan_G
19-02-2005, 09:27 PM
i'm sure that is being covered by one of the other members , isn't it bernard?

Was'nt quite sure what your ment!!

I just looked at bernmc's Cars in member section... he he

I know what you're on about now...

You see I know the farmers choice of car because I live out in the ****ry (I'm fro chuchter country) and lots of the Farmers round these parts have lecacy's....... Oooh arr

GET OFF MY LAAAND!

Dan

bernmc
20-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Was'nt quite sure what your ment!!

I just looked at bernmc's Cars in member section... he he

I know what you're on about now...

You see I know the farmers choice of car because I live out in the ****ry (I'm fro chuchter country) and lots of the Farmers round these parts have lecacy's....... Oooh arr

GET OFF MY LAAAND!

Dan

You boys taking the Michael eh? Your nice shiny Mitsi's may end up with a nasty disease if I bring the sheepmobile to visit.

You have been warned. (Did I mention my grandfather?)

psbarham
20-02-2005, 10:31 PM
surely you don't mean foot and mouth do you or should that be tyre and engine and thats only if you can catch us tee hee .mind you i won't be so smug soon will i ,whens the vr4 coming?

i3ooyah
20-02-2005, 10:45 PM
from experience, coffins dont fit

SGHOM
20-02-2005, 10:45 PM
my current payload !! :sad3:

books, electrical brochures strategically strewn !! /yes

tools, not my tool box, just the contents !! /yes

a suitcase, weighing in at 1/2 ton, with the contents of my former life with my ex wife !! /yes

Project VX's new front bumper !! /yes

enough fag ash to put a morgue to shame !! /yes

Kieran can vouch for most of this, even though I dumped most of it on the drive saturday morning !! :oops: :rolleyes4

Kieran
20-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Kieran can vouch for most of this...

I am seriously considering reporting Derek to the Royal Society for prevention of cruelty to Legnums.... :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

Slimshady
20-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Probably not the heaviest and certainly not the weirdest – but a funny story non the less.

M8 lent me his (quite large trailer) to help move a fridge freezer – picked it up and drove back home (nothing unusual) until we hit a set of traffic lights with a Kev boy in a well done up Clio – when the lights changed I realised he was actually up for a fight – foot to floor and he was dust (with an fecking fridge in trailer) – I was soooo chuffed – t**ser

Slim

Kenneth
20-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Probably not the heaviest and certainly not the weirdest – but a funny story non the less.

M8 lent me his (quite large trailer) to help move a fridge freezer – picked it up and drove back home (nothing unusual) until we hit a set of traffic lights with a Kev boy in a well done up Clio – when the lights changed I realised he was actually up for a fight – foot to floor and he was dust (with an fecking fridge in trailer) – I was soooo chuffed – t**ser

Slim
lol. how embarrasing to be left behind by a trailer...

Nick VR4
21-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Cant say weirdest but had a shed load of stuff moving up north seats down couldn't see out the back could feel the load
About 5 miles from home on a roundabout M3 decides to try and beat me :oops:

Didn't work I beat him and the only way he overtook me was a move I wouldn't try very dangerous :huh2:

p1_
21-02-2005, 12:25 AM
from experience, coffins dont fit

Depends on whether its Small, Medium, Large, or XX Large???

Has anyone tried the 'lets see how many people we can fit in a VR-4 - like the japs did recently with a Mini? Must be quite a lot, especially for the Legnum /yes /yes

psbarham
21-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Has anyone tried the 'lets see how many people we can fit in a VR-4 - like the japs did recently with a Mini? Must be quite a lot, especially for the Legnum /yes /yes
that sounds like an idea to be tryed out at donnington this year /yes

Lurch
21-02-2005, 04:23 PM
A washing machine :)

I-S
21-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I did one of those a couple of weeks ago. Just moved house, so I've had a few weird ones...

Many pieces of granite, anyone? (Shelves of my hifi rack and plinths for the speakers. Total about 170kg)

psbarham
21-02-2005, 05:41 PM
ok so it was'nt in a galant but i managed to get two mountain bikes a tent and a weeks worth of camping gear in the back of a mini clubman .

nick-f1
01-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Not weird but hefty, mine carries all my band gear about the countryside all the time, bass bins `n all..... going to Bridport for a gig last year I outdragged not one but 2 yes TWO !! boxters uphill on the Troytown bypass fully loaded. They didn`t like that :evil2: They were having their own private dustup until I joined in.

Dan_G
01-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Nick you also carry Band gear..... what sorta band you in? I play drums in a band..... hence the big fast estate.... although I hardly use it where I think I wont get parked! :drummer:

nick-f1
01-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Nick you also carry Band gear..... what sorta band you in? I play drums in a band..... hence the big fast estate.... although I hardly use it where I think I wont get parked! :drummer:

Hi Dan, I play bass in a rock/blues band in Bournemouth, can you keep time?Our drummer has trouble I'll give you a job if you can haha..Yep carparks are a worry.. at the supermarket I park in the mum&toddler bays or park across two.

sorry about the hijack folks