PDA

View Full Version : WTB Uprated Headlights

giblet
22-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Is there anywhere I can purchase a set of uprated headlights? I know some members used to offer a service to retrofit HID lights (Swinks?) but are there any other sources?

Stock headlights are woeful so my options are either uprated bulbs (Phillips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night breakers) or switch to a proper HID setup.

malachi
22-09-2014, 05:30 AM
I have just put a hid kit in mine and it make a great difference

giblet
22-09-2014, 07:11 AM
My concern is proper alignment and beam pattern. Don't to be one of those guys with HID lights in an older car where they just dazzle other drivers.

Dimes
22-09-2014, 07:40 AM
My concern is proper alignment and beam pattern. Don't to be one of those guys with HID lights in an older car where they just dazzle other drivers.

A legitimate concern Gib. I've got HID's and have to put a couple of strips of black tape over the middle of the lens for MOT, I have to admit to removing it the second I leave the test centre though. But I've never been flashed by on coming drivers so feel they can't be that bad, the same result with the matching HID fogs I occasionally use. I've had some proper beam deflectors on my Ebay wishlist for ages so I plan to be a responsible motorist.

evo1rs
22-09-2014, 08:45 AM
H7 hid bulbs in reflector type headlamps will dazzle, a lot and have almost no pattern. Just a blurry mess.
However H7R hid bulbs are designed for reflectors and actually give (close to) a good pattern.
Anything with projectors uses a shield inside the lamp to make the pattern/cutoff so hids aren't a problem in them.

Edit: also 4300k is the colour to go for. 6000k is too blue

Adam.Findlay
22-09-2014, 10:16 AM
http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/projector-retrofit-with-options.12452/
naughtika sells them. contact him over on OZVR4 as I dont think he frequents CLUBVR4 often