PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognise this? Turbo timer?

bernmc
19-02-2005, 08:01 PM
This thing was in the photos of my car sent by the men in Japland. Labled 'turbo timer'. Does anyone recognise it? I'd like to try to find out a bit of info about it....

RED
19-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Looks like a blitz turbo timer /yes not sure of the model though :)

bernmc
19-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh, and while we at it, how about this silver/whit bar just under the load-bay cover... some sort of rear strut brace?

RED
19-02-2005, 08:08 PM
/yes Yes

Just off topic abit but which importers did you use and how would you rate them thus far :)

Nick VR4
19-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Yes is a Strut Brace
Stiffens up the back end some guy on the MLR added one to his Evo and made handling worse didnt handle well took it off after a day or so :oops:

bernmc
19-02-2005, 08:21 PM
/yes Yes

Just off topic abit but which importers did you use and how would you rate them thus far :)

Thank you, Lady in Red. Had a look @ the blitz website, but couldn't find a similar box. Car's a 96 though, so it may no longer be in production :(

In terms of importing, if you pm me your email addy, I'll send you a copy of my mail to Kieran with all the import details and a calculator.

I used Autoadvan, but wouldn't use them again - not because of bad service - they've actually been very good, but because I don't think it's worth the money - you can save their fee by dealing direct with a Jap agent (details also in email).

I'm so keen to do the whole thing again (fun fun fun!), I'm considering putting my car on the market once I've completed SVA etc. Pity I don't have enough cash to buy again without selling first :(

Dan_G
19-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi there,

Your turbo timer is a HKS one. I think its the same one I've got. /yes

Quite simple to use, just set the amount of time you want your car to run for once the ignition is turned off and it will countdown and then turn your car off.

BUTTONS:-
The buttons on the left: the top one is power on/off the bottom is countdown beep on/off
The buttons on the right: adjust the time in 30 second steps up and down.

and yes you do have a rear strut brace you lucky person. I want one of those. Not great for boot space though, especially if you want to put the rear seats down :rolleyes4

So if you want to sell it, just PM me :D

hehe hope that helps

Dan

Dan_G
19-02-2005, 08:29 PM
try here for more info:-

http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/hks_tt.html

bernmc
19-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks Dan The Man!

You may be in luck with the brace - the reason I've gone for a leggie is for the load space. We'll see once the car lands - I may be crazed with power/performance...