PDA

View Full Version : ECU Mapping

MYKEY
01-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Looking to get my ECU mapped, have spoken with Eurospec and they pointed out that it's not something they do officially due to the fact that there is no company as such to guarantee the software.
I just wondered, has anybody expericanced any ill effects from having there ECU re-mapped ? I would like the extra benefits from mapping but not at the expense of my engine.

Cheers :happy:

MYKEY
05-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Cool, so nobody's had any problems then....Fantastic /Banana

Ghost_2008
10-10-2014, 09:45 AM
I know quit a few members had ecu retuning and reflashing when a couple of former members provided a service to do it. Problems should only occur if the retune alters the map to such a degree things go wrong, for example leaning the fuel to much or raising the boost too much.

Its also possible that a retune May highlight any existing mechanical faults.... So before you attempt a retune, check plugs leads and possibly coils, fresh engine oil, fill up with the best fuel available and update your fuel pump and intercooler.

The better the base car the better tune.

The software to perform the retune works, it's down to the tuner knowledge and experience to tune the ecu well.

But overall it's been done to great effect before....

MYKEY
14-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Cheers Adam :)