PDA

View Full Version : my first legnum

ikoo
06-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Hello, bought white legnum from Meesham,dead ayc pump and gearbox not very smooth,a bit like project car.. maybe someone knows something about this one? 70027700287002970030

Erni902
06-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the club mate. Did the car need jump-starting to get going or had it been stood for a while? If the answer is yes to either of these questions then it would suggest that maybe the battery had lost charge and either got trickle charged/jump started before you got it. Due to this the gearbox would not seem so smooth for a while until it re-learns your driving style as it were. I think its about 30 odd miles it usually takes for it to smooth out although a well maintained gearbox will smooth itself out very quickly.

Either way its best to give the gearbox a flush and bang some fresh Amsoil in there. Not too sure about the AYC, could be a number of things, do a search on here and you will no doubt find plenty of advice you can follow. Some may be in the Members Section so get that wallet out and spend the best £20 you will ever spend to become a full member. This will open up a whole heap of useful info, guides etc etc. You will also find a mountain of spares in the For Sale section should you need anything.

But the most important thing...........Enjoy your new ride :D

ikoo
06-10-2014, 10:46 AM
:) yes it was standing for some time..that could explain it,anyway car now at garage all fluids getting changed and checked everything,so hopefully its good.

Erni902
06-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Happy days sounds like a positive. I know that when my VR-4 is left for a while and the battery has died it runs rough for a few miles but sorts itself out fairly quickly. The first gear change is horrible but after that its not so bad. Hope its all well when you get her back and you can start enjoying her

Bender
07-10-2014, 05:24 AM
Welcome to ClubVR4

gadboy007
07-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the club! As Erni902 says, fork out the best £20 you will ever spend, the info on here is priceless!

ikoo
09-10-2014, 09:00 PM
nice one guys,been driving around today,just fell in love with this car /woot2 hope it stays like that:)