PDA

View Full Version : Clean good complete and stock rom from MH7202 ecu needed

swinks
09-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Guys, I had some chat with Lee from Dynotech. He's well known tuner in Evo community.
We talk about possibility of do SD conversions (which should free quite a lot extra ponnies) in VR4. Because it's the same ecu like Evo 4-7, Lee reckons that it's very big chance that he can convert rom and implement also few extra useful features. What he need is a very basic clean and complete rom from VR4 to work with.
Because I'm not vr4 owner anymore I need get one from you guys, if you can email me one I'd appreciate.

adaxo
09-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Should be there (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?69931-Definitive-ECU-ROM-repository), if not I have few taken off bog standard cars

Davezj
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
I have some original factory roms from various ecu's
I will dig them out, do you need the dad goles as well.
If you don't find what you are looking for in the link Adam put up. Give me a shout and I will post up what I have.

By the way what is SD convertion?

swinks
09-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately, roms from link Adam posted are either modified or corrupted.

Dave, SD conversion stands for "speed density". It involves maf removal, running on map sensor and boost controlled from ecu by 3 port solenoid (2 switchable maps). More you will find on MLR.
Yes, Dave need all lot, rom and def files etc.

Davezj
09-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Right I will post up the roms I have

Davezj
09-10-2014, 08:52 PM
here are the roms i have.

let me know if the files are OK.

if not i have some others.

Adam.Findlay
10-10-2014, 12:02 PM
****EDIT****

Sorry only have various 7203 roms

giblet
10-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Adam should have my factory rom, facelift 7202 auto.

swinks
10-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Sorry guys, only manual .

adaxo
10-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Im sure fassi1 has copy of his orig rom.

fassi1
10-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Yeah I should have mine stock manual rom.

Got it.

Davezj
11-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Sorry guys, only manual .

why didn't you say so at the start, i probably have one somewhere.

swinks
11-10-2014, 10:41 AM
why didn't you say so at the start, i probably have one somewhere.
Sorry Dave. I thought it was obvious by mentioning Evo :)
Anyway, I'll see Lee next Saturday on 18th so will have a chat with him.

adaxo
05-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Any updates? swinks

swinks
05-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Nah.
I gave one to Lee, he will look into them once get more time. But now he's to busy with MLR community.

foxdie
05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately, roms from link Adam posted are either modified or corrupted.

Hi Tomasz, I curated and verified those ROMs myself, please can you explain how they are modified or corrupted? All the ROMs in the Virgin ROMs (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gda13udx960aydz/QeFFdSLjKD) section have been vetted and compared to multiple ROM downloads from numerous ECUs with a MD5 hash check to ensure they are identical.

Theoretically they should be the best source. I'm keen to find out if there's a problem so I can correct it.

Ps. You know the difference between a manual and auto ROM is just a single value to select whether there's a torque reduction signal connected and ASC? ;)

ersanalamin
06-11-2014, 02:09 AM
I love this thread keen to get some new correctly defined feature on xml

swinks
06-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Hi Tomasz, I curated and verified those ROMs myself, please can you explain how they are modified or corrupted? All the ROMs in the Virgin ROMs (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gda13udx960aydz/QeFFdSLjKD) section have been vetted and compared to multiple ROM downloads from numerous ECUs with a MD5 hash check to ensure they are identical.

Well, back in last summer I gave Lee all roms I could find here on site.
After month or so, whilst my visit at Dynotech he did stressed quite clear: clean, fresh copy of rom or 7202F ecu itself, not messed by anyone. Hence my post here. Judging by his qualifications, his work so far, and reputation, I gather he knows what he's doing. At the moment he works on creating MAF/map hybride for E4-9 (like Evo X has) for more smooth output, i.e. on low load and revs maf reference, once high load etc. - map reference, as the best solution for max gain.
Anyway, Jason you more than welcome to create and SD conversion maps and rom. :)

adaxo
06-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Ah, ok, looks like another never-ending project, unsubscribed.

foxdie
06-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Well, back in last summer I gave Lee all roms I could find here on site.
After month or so, whilst my visit at Dynotech he did stressed quite clear: clean, fresh copy of rom or 7202F ecu itself, not messed by anyone. Hence my post here. Judging by his qualifications, his work so far, and reputation, I gather he knows what he's doing. At the moment he works on creating MAF/map hybride for E4-9 (like Evo X has) for more smooth output, i.e. on low load and revs maf reference, once high load etc. - map reference, as the best solution for max gain.
Anyway, Jason you more than welcome to create and SD conversion maps and rom. :)

Okay, that doesn't answer my question though, those ROMs in the Virgin section are unmodified. Was it just a case of it not being clear? I can go back and re-title it to say "original, unmodified ROMs" if it'll save this happening to someone else :)

As for tuning SD, never done it, nor does Kens ROMs support it. I am curious to try though :)

Kenneth
07-11-2014, 09:36 PM
I implemented SD, but its alpha as no one has taken on testing etc.
I announced this in May, 2012

It was implemented into the 2.0 mods, this means it can be turned on and off so if you are tuning on the road and something goes wrong, you can switch back.
It also means that you can change between MAF and MAP on load, TPS delta or any other variable you know about (since this is standard map-switching capability)

Tomasz, if your friend is thinking about doing this as a way to generate income, you should probably tell him that unless he gets significantly more interest than I did, its not really worth pursuing.

Davezj
08-11-2014, 11:57 AM
rather than lack of interest it is probably more to do with the normal people who were not into ecu tuning at the time, not understanding what you were try to impliment and how beneficial it would be to have as a feature.

i was not clued up enough about ecu tuning back then to even know how to do the testing let alone interpret the results. i still have not played with your 2.0 rom and used the map switching yet. but i will do at some point

it is always appreciated the work and effort you put into the development of these roms.
i will go have a look at the thread from back then and have a read.
did you put the roms for testing in the thread?
if i am reading your post correctly, you could use this rom to do a MAF deletion and run on MAP sensor only if you wanted.

Kenneth
08-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Dave, when you are ready to look into SD (and presuming there isn't a better ROM produced by then) PM me. I will not publish an un-tested alpha ROM at this stage. (Lets not discuss it in this thread)

My main concern was to make sure it was clear that its been done before and there was little interest (and I still don't see lots of jumping up and down for it) so unless you are doing it just for the fun of it, it probably isn't worth it.

On topic though
I would also like to question where the idea comes that it will free up "quite a lot extra ponnies" in a VR-4. This hasn't been proven as far as I am aware.
My personal experience (I have 2 VR-4s currently, one on SD and one on standard MAF) is that SD isn't any better. My MAF car is quite noticeably quicker with significantly sharper throttle response.

Its been my opinion for years that combined MAF / MAP setup is ideal, but I don't think its fair to make claims regarding power gains which cannot be substantiated.

Other than that, good luck!

swinks
09-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Never said that SD conversion is an easy cure. It has it's pros and cons. One of the biggest downside is poorer driveability in "town cycle" than maf equipped vehicles. Anyway, it's step forward if following are considered: bigger manifold pressure than stock, bigger turbos etc. Maf sensor is simply too slow to cope with bigger air mass movements.
Agree with Kenneth, SD is not for everyone, especially for ones running nearly to stock engines. In those cases leaving maf is much better solution, but those who think bigger turbos, higher boost, etc. then SD is the way forward.
About my experience...
My Galoon VR4 hit the brick wall after reaching 1 bar of boost, regardless of intake pressure rise, it didn't produced anymore power (269 ATW). It's been looked into by NJ, Ben Eurospec, Chris at MG Auto Motorsports. All good reputable tuners, and they couldn't squeeze more.
This year situation repeated with my E8, got 292 ATW and couldn't get more without running into troubles or significant changes (bigger injectors, forging engine, etc. to cope with rised boost). It's been tried with stock ecu re-flash, and later ECU-TEK. No changes in results, well... 289 ATW on just flashed ecu and 292 ATW with Ecu-Tek whilst club rolling road day in March 2014.
So... in October, after 1 day long SD conversion (fitting map sensor, 3-port boost solenoid, filter and 4 hrs dyno session) I got 325 ATW and could be more (not safe for stock non forged 4G63T engine). That's on the same setting, no changes to vehicle since March rolling road day.
Dyno from:
- E8 with MAF - March 2014 (green lines)
- E8 after SD - from October 2014 (black lines)

Davezj
09-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Dave, when you are ready to look into SD (and presuming there isn't a better ROM produced by then) PM me. I will not publish an un-tested alpha ROM at this stage. (Lets not discuss it in this thread)

My main concern was to make sure it was clear that its been done before and there was little interest (and I still don't see lots of jumping up and down for it) so unless you are doing it just for the fun of it, it probably isn't worth it.

On topic though
I would also like to question where the idea comes that it will free up "quite a lot extra ponnies" in a VR-4. This hasn't been proven as far as I am aware.
My personal experience (I have 2 VR-4s currently, one on SD and one on standard MAF) is that SD isn't any better. My MAF car is quite noticeably quicker with significantly sharper throttle response.

Its been my opinion for years that combined MAF / MAP setup is ideal, but I don't think its fair to make claims regarding power gains which cannot be substantiated.

Other than that, good luck!

thanks for offer kenneth i will look into the map switching before going into the MAF, MAP signal switching.
but thanks again, i will be in touch in the future.

Davezj
09-11-2014, 08:21 PM
double post.

Kenneth
09-11-2014, 09:01 PM
I quizzed a respected tuner when I was starting my SD implementation.
He told me straight out that I was barking up the wrong tree, he had been personally involved with MAF tunes in the region of 700hp (Evo7/8), and they used MAF exclusively on their pikes peak cars due to the stability in fueling.

There are actually programmed limits in the ECU which deal with MAF calculated flow clamping etc, SD implementations bypass these because they fork the code before the MAF routines are run. This is one potential reason for hitting a ceiling with the standard ECU.

It isn't my intention to start arguments on what can and can't be done with SD, but I want to be mindful of having a thread that claims big gains from SD on a 6a13 platform with no actual evidence of it or any explanation of what proven issues in the standard setup it is addressing.

lateshow
12-11-2014, 07:02 AM
We have seen SD results here in Finland too. It's about the removal of MAF and one pressure loss less. However stock turbos and stock cams are far more restrictive. I can see that now that in higher rpm region where the boost still keeps up, air flow goes down...and it isn't the MAF...

Mitsubishi has done SD before. Actually all map roms (my daily driver 1.6 lancer has one) have a code that just emulate MAF Hz from MAP. And so it is done by Lee and others( one finnish tuner).

I'm very keen too but we have to a possibility to log wideband AFR cause the pressure in the intake is one thing and air flow another. So this would be one thing to implement-> ecu should be able to read wb signal instead of nb in basic lamda one port.