PDA

View Full Version : Thieving B@$tards

NevGroom
20-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Had a nice family dinner in Winchcombe outside Cheltenham - Nice "green-belt" area. Some gits nicked "The Beast". Drove it 1/2 a mile to a field near Sudeley Castle where it was finally recovered at around midnight. The to$$ers managed to completely destroy the steering column and half the dash (as I was informed by the guy at the salvage co - I can't see it until after the cops do forensics on Monday).

I am not happy. :sad3:

psbarham
20-02-2005, 12:05 PM
sorry to hear that mate , its not a nice feeling , at least you got it back just hope there isn't to much damage .

nlo
20-02-2005, 12:12 PM
i cant believe you only called em gits! :thinking:

HJM
20-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Really sorry to hear that Nev, bl@@dy little scrotes :sad3: :smash: :angry:

Hope you get it all sorted without too much fuss and hassle /yes

NevGroom
20-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Bastards, Gits and Tossers - All nowhere near strong enough - What possessed them to do so much damage God knows - Am well gutted - Will go see it tomorrow hopefully and post some pics - Need now to find out how much it'll cost to get fixed as may well end-up footing the bill myself (haven't a protected NCB).

wirdy
20-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm assuming your car has a Cobra cat 1 (ralliart fit?), like my alarm & immobiliser unit.

/feeling concerned now.

Was it a forced entry?

paulmc
20-02-2005, 01:26 PM
:thumbsdow :sad3:

NevGroom
20-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Cat 1 Alarm/Immobiliser plus Tracker all fitted. Entry by rear offside window (smashed - I guess as there was glass at the scene of the violation). Can't understand how the fockers managed to bypass the immobiliser - I hope they wrecked the steering-column & dashboard in efforts to stop the alarm going off (as opposed to wanton vandalism).

I live about 100m from the Mitsi dealer in Wokingham (Bulldog garage as was), they care for the Beast nearly as much as me. Have decided it is best to get it transported back here for all the remedial work to be done.

Polabear
20-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Gutted for you Nev mate, only one word for the little ****es, Wan£ers and little Ba$tards, I know thats two but I hope they catch the Fookers...... :smash: :rifle: /whip, they aught to be :toilet: right out of existance never mind society

Legnum Boy
20-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear this Nev

Nasty little feckers

:thumbsdow :rifle:

I would make it my sole purpose for the next 6 weeks to track them down and administer some payback.... as has been done before... /yes

Jimbo
20-02-2005, 04:22 PM
There's just nothing worse than this :sad3:

It really makes me sick that little small minded selfish brainless tw@ts like this are allowed to breath oxygen. You work your arse off to afford to buy the car of your dreams, and this sort of thing happens.

I'm overcome with fear just worrying about some pikey keying mine, as it's clearly totally my own fault that I've worked 80 hour weeks and been lucky with jobs in my career to afford a car like this........grrrrrr.

Kieran
20-02-2005, 05:11 PM
There's just nothing worse than this :sad3:

It really makes me sick that little small minded selfish brainless tw@ts like this are allowed to breath oxygen. You work your arse off to afford to buy the car of your dreams, and this sort of thing happens.

I'm overcome with fear just worrying about some pikey keying mine, as it's clearly totally my own fault that I've worked 80 hour weeks and been lucky with jobs in my career to afford a car like this........grrrrrr.

Ditto the above.... :thumbsdow :sad3:

Really sorry to hear that someone nicked your car - That's the first VR-4 theft we've had?

I hope it gets sorted - at least things like dashdoard and steering column can be replaced without too much trouble - was there any external damage?

And I agree with the sentiments of other members on here... I hope something extremely nasty happens to the scrotes who took it! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :smash: :rifle: >| :angry: :klingon:

enigma
20-02-2005, 06:08 PM
That is seriously crap...........but at least they found it I guess.

Half a mile doesn´t seem far away, perhaps they got scared! :rolleyes4

RED
20-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear the news Nev :sad3: I know it's small consolation but at least they didn't get that far so you know they've not had time to shag the engine up or time to put a match to it :oops:

The only thing is when/ if they do get caught they will get a slap on the wrist and an order to do the gardening for some little old lady :rolleyes4 Marcus is fitting a new tracker to mine that's linked to my mobile so if any little toss pot decides they want it I will be able to

Lock them in the car
Set smoke off in the car
Cut the engine
Speak to the little fookers and tell them I'm going to punch them in the head :karate: oh and let them know I've just called the :-policema :stop:

Sad news is it's not recognised by the insurance company :rolleyes4 :huh2:

It really is amazing the lengths some people go to.

Brand new mondeo how long do you reckon it took them to get in - 8s and all caught on a Little Chef CCTV

Brand new transit - they smashed the front door quarter light and ripped the wiring harness out of the A pillar trim to pop the central locking :rolleyes4

The theiving little scum should have the blood sucked out of them whilst they are still ALIVE!!!!!!

OK I'm done :curtain: Hope everything works out OK Nev /yes and they catch the tossers

Big Ian
20-02-2005, 06:55 PM
:thumbsdow "Gutted for you Nev"
just hope that they haven't stolen your car for part's?
there are a lot of working's behind the dash,would'nt like to think they wrecked part of your dash to get at any of these part's...as it sound's like the fookers knew what they were doing?

NevGroom
21-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Got down to the Salvage yard in Cheltenham this afternoon - Thankfully the damage wasn't as bad as the image I had built up in my mind over the past 48 hours. That said the sight of the mess was still quite disturbing (see pics). There was some superficial stuff externally (they tried to rip off the rear spoiler and cut a hole through part of the front grill in an attempt -I think- to find the tracker). Mitsi in Cheltenham will be quoting for the repair work which I hope wont exceed £2k.

psbarham
21-02-2005, 08:20 PM
i feel sick just looking at it so i would hate to think how you feel , hope you get her sorted soon mate

Nick VR4
21-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Ouch what barstuards :thumbsdow

And yes transport it to garage
When a steering lock is busted it can cause the steering to lock up

Kenneth
21-02-2005, 08:56 PM
hey dude, heard of Solex locks?

Thinking of getting some for my car. NZ about $150 for a set of 3! (heard this is cheaper than standard locks!)

Anyway, solex locks use the round keys, so harder to bust into if installed solidly.
The thing that makes solex locks good is that you can deadlock them.
When deadlocked, you cant open them without the key (unless you ripped the door apart) which makes it a real hassle to get in and out of.

Downside is that you cant use central locking while deadlocked.

My mate put them in his car after a few thefts and break ins. Car wasnt touched after that. The bonus was he NEVER got towed. lol, watched a tow truck try once... the dude couldnt get in the car to take it out of gear and let the hand brake off... so had to leave it.

SGHOM
21-02-2005, 08:59 PM
gutted for you mate. :veryangry
worst part of it is, the bast%rds wont be caught. I assume the police are not in the least bit interested ?? too busy stopping motorists doing 45 in a 40 limit, & lecturing them on road safety !! /yes :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Dan_G
21-02-2005, 09:13 PM
just spotted this...... :sad3: I feel for you mate.....

I hate them. What makes them think they have the right to do this......

Imagine you caught them at it and beat them within an inch of there life... it would be classed as using unreasonable force.......

Society would be better off without the people who do this sorta stuff....... I bet the person(s) responsable are also on the dole, and if he/she had cut/injured his/herself on the way into your car they would get treatment on the NHS ....

they're stealing from us in many ways....

Oooh Its easy to rant when it comes to this sorta thing..... hate em....

Social cleansing is required :rifle:

bernmc
21-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Jeez. Looks like they had some idea of what they were looking for then :(

Very worrying.

With regard to solex + deadlocks and central locking, my jag had a similar things, but they worked with the central locking... click the remote once and the car locked, click twice and the deadlocks activated. Had someone try to force the window once, but never got any further.

Ah well, I'll add another £500 to my import costs for extra vehicle security then :( :( :(

Now, back when I was in the jungle (South Africa), I used to carry a 9mm around with me...

Slimshady
21-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Complete total and utter (*^&%^$^£%£*(*&*&)(£)(>?<>?~&&%^$£$%^%$*&@::?>~>>>@~*^&$£”*^&*)(

(Sorry about that just had to get it out of my system)

So so so sorry to hear about this – I know what its like to be invaded by these total low life w$*kers – and for what??????

A bit of fun – sorry they should be shot --- (at birth preferably) :jester: :rifle:

Also totally agree with you interlec the police do bugger all in this type of case

NevGroom
21-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Interestingly, the police were rather helpful. Said they had 'lifted' a good set of prints - Appears they have a known family from the area in the frame also. They have a track record of eviction from council housing and now live in caravans and go around the area causing mayhem. If I'd known I'd have taken my Isuzu Trooper away for the weekend..........

A name was dropped - Not sure but............................

Here (http://www.cheltborohomes.org/libraries/templates/page.asp?URN=2216)

http://www.cheltenham.gov.uk/libraries/templates/options.asp?URN=2582&FolderID=0

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=139331&command=displayContent&sourceNode=139314&contentPK=11861210&moduleName=InternalSearch&keyword=johnson&formname=sidebarsearch

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=139331&command=displayContent&sourceNode=139314&contentPK=11817398&moduleName=InternalSearch&keyword=johnson&formname=sidebarsearch

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=139331&command=displayContent&sourceNode=139314&contentPK=11107355&moduleName=InternalSearch&keyword=albie%20johnson&formname=sidebarsearch

Kieran
21-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Now, back when I was in the jungle (South Africa), I used to carry a 9mm around with me...

Heh! Alex's aunt and uncle used to live near Joburg in the 80s/early 90s. And yes, a gun was all the in-car security you needed.

Nev - Worrying that they seemed to know what they were after.... But I was expecting to see worse than that - hopefully it won't cost mega-pounds to repair.

/Follows bernmc and adds a bit more to the budget for extra security... A hungry tiger should do the trick!!! /yes

SGHOM
22-02-2005, 12:06 AM
the parents might try to make excuses for these scumbags, but they are no 'angels' in my eyes !! :thumbsdow

As soon as they are old enough to get their own car, I'll be round to f*^k theirs up ! /yes /yes

Big Ian
22-02-2005, 12:09 AM
glad to see it's not as bad as first thought,still though it's bad enough no matter what tha damage :sad3:
finger's crossed for you mate,that all goes well with the costing :2thumbsup

have you still got that 9mm?.....(the cop's quite like it when unsuspecting thing's happen to "SCUM" /yes....well the cop's i know do :rolleyes4 )

Gly
22-02-2005, 05:13 AM
stuff solex's, just have no key holes.... my doz'nt have any

http://thegspot.orcon.net.nz/0Key.JPG

Kenneth
22-02-2005, 06:29 AM
thats all cool dude, but can you still slim-jim (or whatever it is) it open?

the whole idea with solexes are you cant even open the door once you are IN the car. sure you can break a window, but it looks a bit suspisious when you have to climb in and out.

dickytim
22-02-2005, 07:54 AM
gutted for you, I hope you some how find them and give them what all car enthusiests want to do to these scum. I sleep with my trusty 3 iron next to me when my car is not in the garage in the hope that some one will try to steel it.

:stars: :smash:

Solex locks work and are cheap, cant recomend them enough.

Kenneth
22-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Solex locks work and are cheap, cant recomend them enough.

Amen :D

NevGroom
23-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Just spoke with Mitsi in Cheltenham (Gordon in parts - excellent bloke). :2thumbsup

They'll be getting it back on the road next Tuesday :sunny: - I'll have to get some cosmetic scuffs sorted on front/rear bumpers and fix the rear spoiler myself.

Steering column costs just ofer £500!!!! :rolleyes4

Nev

Physician
23-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Nev,

Just be thankful that you were born with a fully operative brain and have the wherewithall to earn a decent and honest living.

This/these ****s haven't got any parents/family/friends worth having and will be leading a miserable existence hopping from site to site, unwanted, loved nor needed. They are life's losers who invariably end up on a sh*theap of garbage having never enjoyed life.

And the thing is ......... no-one will know nor care - want to swop places with IT?

Glad the damage wasn't toooooo bad - god, you must be fuming - I am just reading about it. It's times like these that I wish I still knew a couple of guys (whom I counted as friends) from many years ago - but alas they were locked up for 25 years for taking a Swedish businessman hostage. These guys were employed by Adnan Khashoggi as debt collectors (worldwide) and helped me out on a couple of occassions when I needed some heavies to have a quiet word with some people.

Polabear
23-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Nev,It's times like these that I wish I still knew a couple of guys (whom I counted as friends) from many years ago - but alas they were locked up for 25 years for taking a Swedish businessman hostage. These guys were employed by Adnan Khashoggi as debt collectors (worldwide) and helped me out on a couple of occassions when I needed some heavies to have a quiet word with some people.

I promise to have that brake fluid off this weekend guvnor ...onest...stand on me...Errrrrrrrrr.. maybe not..... :uhoh2: :anxious:
:thinking2

Spirit
23-02-2005, 08:43 PM
CVR4 NEWSFLASH !!!

Nobody f**k with Richard !!! He's the Reggie Kray of CVR4 :evil2:

psbarham
23-02-2005, 08:52 PM
i've got visions of those two off of hale and pace now

KiwiTT
23-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your trouble Nev.

I may looking at getting solex looks too now. They sound really good. Where can I get them for $NZ150.

psbarham
23-02-2005, 10:19 PM
found this on every website selling solex door locks , it sort of rules out all our motors
We find many people fit Solex locks following an attempted break-in to their car, as Solex locks offer a considerable saving over manufacturers direct replacements, with the advantage of an increase in security. Not only do Solex locks give a viable increase in security they also look good ! By all means compare our prices with "genuine manufacturers locks" or other high street retailers. Then CHECK our price..... Please be aware that Solex locks will only fit as long as the Key Barrel is SEPARATE to the HANDLE .

Kenneth
23-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your trouble Nev.

I may looking at getting solex looks too now. They sound really good. Where can I get them for $NZ150.

Racepro (http://www.racepro.co.nz/solex.shtm) Universal 3 Door Lock NZ$139

You could also ask about a group buy... i for one would be interested.

ritch_w
23-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Nev,

just noticed this thread and read through it.

b@stards
fooking b@stids

at least you got it back, although that little consolation given the repairs you have to pay for :(

i'm also concerned that the cat 1 alarm / immob appears to be useless as well

ive got a tracker but never bothered to get the subscription transfered purely due to the cost (£140 to change & activate V's £40 discount from insurance) maybe have to re think that one..... :inquisiti

Kenneth
23-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Please be aware that Solex locks will only fit as long as the Key Barrel is SEPARATE to the HANDLE .

I havent taken the handle apart, but I expect that the BARREL is seperate, as in that it sits under the handle surround and does its stuff there.

Anyone able to confirm the working of the locks/handles?

psbarham
23-02-2005, 10:33 PM
i think they mean when the door lock is completely separate from the handle like fords etc. where as ours are all one moulding

Kenneth
23-02-2005, 10:39 PM
mate had them in his 91 Subaru Legacy RS. If I remember correctly, they have the same sort of handles that we have.

psbarham
23-02-2005, 10:41 PM
i saw a special listing for the legacy and the mazda 323 those are the only custom fitment ones they seem to do , they are either easy to make the locks for or for some reason they pinched a lot

Kenneth
23-02-2005, 10:53 PM
True, and if you look closely at the Legacy ones, you will see that 2 of the locks dont have a "surround"

which leads me to believe they just slot in and are fastened under the handle assemlbly.

should be easy to verify if they would fit on our doors
1) Ring and ask
2) Compare handle assembly with that of a legacy
3) Check out the handle assembly, then check out a solex lock and evaluate if you can modify to suit.

Lets be positive and give it a go. It's worth checking out IMO.

Physician
24-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Pola,

Don't worry ...... as I told you at the time - there is no urgency.

Pete,

I know you'll laugh at this - at the time I knew these guys I was taken to a Private Club in Leicester one evening and was chatting to a nice elderly guy at the bar for some 15 minutes.

My friend and I then moved on to another watering hole.

When we had left the Private Club my friend asked me if I liked the old guy, to which I replied that he was polite and interesting - blah, blah.

"Oh, thank God for that." He replied. "You were just talking to Charlie Kray."

Charlie, as some of you may remember, was the elder brother of Ron and Reg Kray. This was the guy who grabbed a cat at a Chippie one evening and threw it in the hot chip frier to get the owners to cough up the 'protection money'.

I know/knew some lovely people :embarasse at a time when a lot of the London East End heavies used to frequent Leicester for some reason! Remind me about these guys when we meet at an event and I'll tell you some interesting stories about them.

Spirit
24-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Look forward to it mate - luv to hear some of the old stories about these "real" criminals

Polabear
24-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Look forward to it mate - luv to hear some of the old stories about these "real" criminals

Yeah..... at least they were REAL crim's not like the wannabee scroats that trashed Nev's car, they are just downright Arrisoles.... :rolleyes4

NevGroom
04-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Well finally got Mitsi in Cheltenham to spill the beans on cost.

I have told them that I will deal with external stuff (front/rear bumber scuffs and rear spoiler). Cost for all internal wiring and steering etc. is £1034 all-in (Parts, labour and VAT). A new alarm will be £792 (I am going to try and get one cheaper elsewhere with a 10,000v deterrent !!).

Sadly, a trim panel and the indicator switch need to be ordered from the land of the rising sun and will take 1-3 weeks to arrive. Not the quick job I had hoped for...

Nev

NevGroom
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Have to add that Cheltenham Mitsi are being extremely helpful

Jimbo
05-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Good to hear it's progressing well Nev, and I can sympathise with delivery times from Japan.....I've only just got a replacement tow hook cover in Galaxy White, and that took fooookin ages!

banjo
21-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Do you know that they started it? I believe it's almost impossible to overcome a Cat 1 immobiliser/alarm. Perhaps they just pushed it to where it was found. The amount of damage done to the dash etc. seems like single brain cell scum bags to me. If it was the semi-intelligent variety I don't think you would have seen the car again, well not in it's present form anyway.

NevGroom
22-03-2005, 10:26 AM
I can't be sure it was started but to get to where it was found involved negotiating a slope I wouldn't be keen on pushing a wheelbarrow up..........

A nice policeman-type character came around at the weekend to take a statement (they got some excellent prints which match some on their files!! - not mine :smartass: ) - He said that there was an Astra-type vehicle in the vicinity that was used by the scum, so it appears they wanted it away for a more permanent home. He said he was constantly surprised at how youngsters of 12 can get past alarms & immobilisers as he hasn't a clue!!

Mitsi Swindon are still on the case, awaiting parts from Japan, ETA still another 10 days :anxious:

Looking on the bright side, the miles aren't getting racked-up..............

Nev

NevGroom
23-03-2005, 02:59 PM
With a following wind, I should be back driving a proper car on the 15th April.

Spoke to Mitsi Cheltenham and they have an ETA of 9th april for the parts arriving at Colt HQ from Japan (I think they're coming in the rucksack of a round-the-world canoist!). Some of the parts they are waiting for are ignition bits so they haven't fired up the motor yet to see if there is any really bad news (ever the pessimist me!). Also, decided to let them make good the front/rear scuffs and see if the spoiler is recoverable (I have just got a new one from the US which could be available if fixing is possible).

Am now considering buying a Leggie (p/x my Trooper but keep the load bearing capability) as can't go through this VR4 desert again................. :sad3:

Nev

Spirit
24-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Good news mate. Does this mean you are going to put your name down for Japfest and a couple of track sessions ? :thumbsup:

NevGroom
08-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Spoke with Mitsi Cheltenham yesterday - The parts arrived early in the week and have ben fitted. They have a problem getting the indicators and dash lights working (the wiring was a real mess!!). Am likely to be able to go get my car by the end of next week.

Will then be in the market for a couple of JapFest tix (no track sessions just yet).

Nev

colVR4
08-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Little barstewards. Sorry to hear about all the trouble Nev. I would have offered my condolences sooner but I have only just come across this thread.

Was wondering what you were saying about them not being able to start it, and the damage that you described!! I wonder if they towed it with the 'Astra' that was seen.

NevGroom
12-04-2005, 01:42 PM
You know what it felt like as a 7/8 year old in the week leading upto Christmas. Well I am sooooooooo excited!! The Beast will be ready for collection on Friday :smitten: with everything done bar the rear spoiler (I have a new one at home) and a piece of interior trim (to be delivered to Mitsi Reading next week).

The guys at Mitsi Cheltenham have been fantastic, I would whole-heartedly recommend them as their customer service and empathy with the violation that occured has been second to none.

Nev :sunny: :happy:

HJM
12-04-2005, 05:46 PM
You know what it felt like as a 7/8 year old in the week leading upto Christmas. Well I am sooooooooo excited!! The Beast will be ready for collection on Friday :smitten: with everything done bar the rear spoiler (I have a new one at home) and a piece of interior trim (to be delivered to Mitsi Reading next week).

The guys at Mitsi Cheltenham have been fantastic, I would whole-heartedly recommend them as their customer service and empathy with the violation that occured has been second to none.

Nev :sunny: :happy:

Great news Nev - bet you can't wait :thumbsup:

Spirit
12-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Fabulous news Nev....... :thumbsup:

Hope you will still come to 'Fest?

NevGroom
13-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Thanks for that guys - It's been a long haul but nearly over.....

Pete - Can I get 'fest tickets on the day?