PDA

View Full Version : membership paid but not recived anything

billybobboot
09-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Paid new membership as new member but not recived anything but not sure if i should though?? No rush if am just thought was ment to get a number or something as i have gareths membership number and stickers ect so was expecting a number.

bukah
04-11-2014, 06:49 AM
hi.i did the same over
5 months ago and haven't received anything not even an aknowledgement so have now given up ,this is the worst club I have become a member of ,regards kev.

Humpty's Revenge
04-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Paid new membership as new member but not recived anything but not sure if i should though?? No rush if am just thought was ment to get a number or something as i have gareths membership number and stickers ect so was expecting a number.

hi.i did the same over
5 months ago and haven't received anything not even an aknowledgement so have now given up ,this is the worst club I have become a member of ,regards kev.

Kev with an attitude like that your welcome back any time /yes

OK here's the facts

We are all volunteers within this club which means we have lives outside this club

Now Nev Elnevio has taken on nearly every job that needs doing in this club upfront & behind the scenes

I can only offer an apology but that might not even go down well

I know there has been some problems with suppliers about membership goodies which has been out of our hands

You have joined a friendly club & for the knowledge shared within it's walls

We are only human (sometimes) & things do pass us by but there are only three regular behind the scenes members that are running the club

Which is no one's fault especially not ours

So in general we are working our butts off to keep this club going & without them it would all go tits up

We do apologies for any delays

elnevio
04-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Received nothing is a bit strong. Received nothing physically yet is true. But you have automatically received access to the VAST technical info on here on the VR-4, as well as the member discounts (you don't normally need your membership number for these, BTW), both of which will save you many times more than the 20 quid. /yes

I can only apologise for the continued lack of goodies. As mentioned elsewhere though, I am looking at giving everyone who has patiently waited for their physical goodies, a little something extra. I will eventually be in touch.

billybobboot
04-11-2014, 11:50 AM
as i stated im not too bothered as i have gareths old number ect. yes i have accses as said above was more no letter to conferm when i had joined. as i havent got a clue when it was as i did it needing acsses to a restricted section of info needed at the time so didnt pay attention.

If i was that othered i would have been banging on doors, ive been members of sevral clubs most run on the side in spare time.

im not ordering anything i tend to use the forum mostly as said was more a conformation letter or email was expcting, gifts are free i dont really need them so ant really bothered.

adaxo
04-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Scrap 'gifts' idea = problem solved.

IMO access to membership area for novice and/or keep paying by oldies just to keep this forum running is more than enough for me.

chris g
04-11-2014, 02:14 PM
as i stated im not too bothered as i have gareths old number ect. yes i have accses as said above was more no letter to conferm when i had joined. as i havent got a clue when it was as i did it needing acsses to a restricted section of info needed at the time so didnt pay attention.

If i was that othered i would have been banging on doors, ive been members of sevral clubs most run on the side in spare time.

im not ordering anything i tend to use the forum mostly as said was more a conformation letter or email was expcting, gifts are free i dont really need them so ant really bothered.

Look billybobboot,

Dis the AYC and our bodges any more and we dont send the gifts...!

billybobboot
04-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Look billybobboot,

Dis the AYC and our bodges any more and we dont send the gifts...!

and thats how you want to treat a people? chris

ive had a reply from the admin and was happy with responce, end of

if you want to complain that someone is changing something on there car fine but im not really bothered im more intrested in the facts i need to know. comments of (you shouldnt do this or do that ect.) I know how i like my cars to drive and ill build it to drive like it. dont like it or dont have the info i dont need to know.

horndog
04-11-2014, 05:44 PM

if you want to complain that someone is changing something on there car fine but im not really bothered im more intrested in the facts i need to know. comments of (you shouldnt do this or do that ect.) I know how i like my cars to drive and ill build it to drive like it. dont like it or dont have the info i dont need to know.

I think that Chris' comments were a bit 'tongue in cheek' comedy rather than a dig.
Most people are friendly on here and rarely try and start arguments - but reading words on a screen don't always come across the same way as speaking over a pint

John TheAntique
04-11-2014, 07:16 PM
One thing this club doesn't suffer from is a lack of a sense of humour,
yet.

Nick Mann
04-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Once you have met Chris, you can imagine the twinkle in his eye and hear the dry Yorkshire twang in his posts.

chris g
04-11-2014, 08:18 PM

If that's how you want to interpret my comments...

I thought you could see it as humour but obviously not...

I have not complained about changes, it is asking 'why' when you make particular statements...

I will leave you to go on in your threads and post as you feel about the car we know and love..

carfanatic
08-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Chill out peeps. It's nearly Christmas. What I will add is that this is my first year on here and of owning a VR4. If I hadn't have paid the membership fee to join (and lets face it £20 these days is 2/10ths of F all), I wouldn't be running my VR4 any longer. That for me is the value added bonus. C

Subaru ETA
09-11-2014, 07:21 AM
hi.i did the same over

So the only reason you signed up was to get a couple of stickers? You don't care about the vast amount of knowledge built up over many years you now have access to? Or the members discounts?

ianturbo
13-12-2014, 12:12 AM
i think you should send out them tax disc holders !!/Elmo/Elmo

elnevio
13-12-2014, 12:40 PM
i think you should send out them tax disc holders !!/Elmo/Elmo

/haz /pan

chris g
14-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Changes to RFL arraangements - not required to display proof of RFL - no need for tax disc holders - end of an industry producing tax disc holders!!!

kiwigalant
12-01-2015, 08:34 PM
I haven't gotten my membership pack yet :( OnBoost!

OnBoost!
13-01-2015, 05:37 AM
You have PM kiwigalant

Bender
13-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Yeah I never got anything when I renewed my membership.

Badger_01
13-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Same here lol, I had actually forgotten about it until this popped up

Mattvr4nz
06-12-2016, 07:42 PM
I understand your volinteers and i dont care about gifts i would just like the button pushed on my paid membership to become a member. And to actually become a member i just want information required to be a paid member to get. Paid still not a member. Please advise

elnevio
07-12-2016, 04:53 PM
I understand your volinteers and i dont care about gifts i would just like the button pushed on my paid membership to become a member. And to actually become a member i just want information required to be a paid member to get. Paid still not a member. Please advise
OnBoost! deals with the NZ/Oz memberships - they are dealt with separately from the UK and rest of the world, along with the PayPal (mpau009 is the treasurer there)

elnevio
08-12-2016, 04:35 PM
OnBoost! deals with the NZ/Oz memberships - they are dealt with separately from the UK and rest of the world, along with the PayPal (mpau009 is the treasurer there)

After speaking with mpau009, I have set you up as a member. :thumbsup: Thanks for your patience, Matt! /yes

Qotato
10-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Do new members still get something in the post. No rush just wondering

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Humpty's Revenge
10-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Do new members still get something in the post. No rush just wondering

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?75028-ANNOUNCEMENT-CVR4-membership-overhaul-from-1-January-2016-and-other-changes

Qotato
10-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Ah nice so should have two years payed up so far then and no stickers or keyring or anything sent out OKidoke

Nick Mann
10-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Scott, if you only paid 10 quid then you have only paid for one years membership. The free year was for those who had paid the old price of £20 but hadn't got the membership pack they expected.

Qotato
12-12-2016, 12:02 PM
yeh apologies thaught id done 20 originally. just checked was 10 my bad :D