PDA

View Full Version : Should I purchase a red legnum VR4

dubstar
20-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi thought i'd register before I buy one !

I've come across a nice Legnum VR4 with some very subtle mods - 18's, coilovers and large exhaust and what seems like almost every possible factory extra.

but its in a ferrari red ! now this seems to be a very rare colour for these cars and part of me hates it and the other part says go for it and stand out from the crowd.

for my business its great as i can transport my diecasts around to car shows in an in your face car but for the family cruiser i'm not so sure.

what is your view ? should i go for red /yes

Kieran
20-02-2005, 05:01 PM
You can only be talking about the NewEra Imports car, can't you? :2thumbsup

It's a little overpriced, but it's got some good, tasteful modifications. New Era are famous for importing expensive, but top dollar cars -You won't get any crappy grade 3 rubbish from those guys. So if you like it and you think it's worth it, then go for it! /yes

dubstar
20-02-2005, 05:10 PM
yep, but i'll have the wheels resprayed a decent colour. they have a green manual one coming in to and i can't decide they are sending me pics of it.

i'm tempted as it will fit perfectly for my business needs. and i'm sure i can get a few quid off as its been on there site for months.

i'm just not sure i want to standout so much to the world. the last time i did that I had a handbuilt golf VR6 in raspberry pink and i couldn't go anywhere or dare speed as the rozzers new exactly where i could be found, and so could the car thieves !

Spirit
20-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Looks a top quality motor mate - and from a reputable dealer too - if you can haggle them down to around the £7000 to £7250 mark I reckon it's got to be worth a go.

Am I right in thinking it's a Super VR4 too ?

dubstar
20-02-2005, 10:27 PM
i've no idea what the dif specs are !

i was simply after a fast estate to haul stuff quickly to and from shows and we came down to 2 options the legnum or legacy, not fussed by the legacys looks so the short list is one !
and as i'm selling "tuned" diecasts of mainly jap cars its got to be an import estate, just got to decide if reds the right colour.

its not a colour id normally go for but everything else is what i'm after

SGHOM
20-02-2005, 10:28 PM
looks good................. very good !! /yes /yes

not so sure about the black 'bibs', but a spare set of alloys & MMCS !!

I'd buy it........................... for £7K :2thumbsup

dubstar
20-02-2005, 10:39 PM
now i know i should know this ! but whats mmcs ?

Spirit
20-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Just do a search on here for MMCS mate and you will get LOTS of info on it.....basically you may find yourself changing it but it's an added bonus so don't let it affect your decision.

psbarham
20-02-2005, 10:50 PM
the mmcs is the touch screen panel in the dash it does the stereo, heater, sat nav &telly . by the way it was owned by a bike racing fan the number 74 sticker on the boot gives it away ,it was Daijiro Kato's race number a very talented japenese rider who had an almost god like status in japan who died at suzuka in 2003 .

SGHOM
20-02-2005, 10:50 PM
now i know i should know this ! but whats mmcs ?
the TV screen in the dash. It wont navigate in the UK, but not many others have it !! ............. I have !! :drummer: :smitten: :smitten:

dubstar
20-02-2005, 10:54 PM
cheers
right, its a good job i can read japanese then. opps just remembered its english i can read !

i've taken a good look at the pics - does anyone know what the 4 black boxes are ? 2 on roofat the back, and 2 with ariels each side at the top of the rear screen. they have been puzzling me

psbarham
20-02-2005, 10:57 PM
at a guess it's something to do with tv reception judging from the cable on the dash

Kieran
20-02-2005, 10:58 PM
cheers
right, its a good job i can read japanese then. opps just remembered its english i can read !

i've taken a good look at the pics - does anyone know what the 4 black boxes are ? 2 on roofat the back, and 2 with ariels each side at the top of the rear screen. they have been puzzling me

They are diversity antennas - They are for the built in TV on the MMCS. Again, because the Japanese have TV in NTSC and they broadcast it on a different set of bandwidths to the UK, I don't think it works in the UK.

dubstar
20-02-2005, 11:02 PM
that makes sense. i couldn't work out any use for them,
i supose all the chavs will think its some kind of new unmarked cop car with that many ariels everywhere.

SGHOM
20-02-2005, 11:02 PM
I don't think it works in the UK.
you know it doesn't work in the UK Kieran !! :oops: you've been trying for 12 months to get it going !! :huh2:

ritch_w
21-02-2005, 09:12 AM
dont worry about the colour - its not the colour you are driving - its the car!!

i used to hate white cars - i have a white vr4 - i love driving it and the colour has grown on me, the driving experience sold me on the car

good luck

btw - it looks smart as pants that car :2thumbsup

rikward
21-02-2005, 03:08 PM
well I have a red VR4 and I think it looks super sweet . The white grill complements the white evo wheels. Just look at the avatar thingy.

dubstar
21-02-2005, 03:55 PM
well it all seems very positive i'll have to check out the insurance and if thats ok I may well be joining you all

pezza
21-02-2005, 04:01 PM
well it all seems very positive i'll have to check out the insurance and if thats ok I may well be joining you all

Fingers crossed .. Good luck with insurance...

The legnum does look so different in red, I like the look of that one... darker wheels/grey or black would look schmart! :beatnik2:

Big Ian
21-02-2005, 04:27 PM
as i'm selling "tuned" diecasts of mainly jap cars its got to be an import estate, just got to decide if reds the right colour.

you woud'nt be able to get your hand's on Di-Cast Galant's.....would you?
weve been lookin for age's :rolleyes4 ive seen them on the internet but can't find a supplier :sad3:

ALSO
good luck with getting the Legnum,it look's "well-smart" :2thumbsup

dubstar
21-02-2005, 07:20 PM
i'll see what i can find, i don't think the ones i sell have gallants in the range, as they are mostly just cover the mainstream modifed range of imports with big wings wheels etc and they only seem to cover scoobys, evo's skylines, celica, mini cooper etc....

but i will investigate and if i can get a good deal i'll let you know

WildCards
11-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I was told you could get a chip for £100 to convert the TV, and that the sat nav would work from this with a UK sat nav disc put in the DVD player. It's all extra cost of course,, and a little dangerous watching Coro at 160+ mph.

W

Nick Mann
11-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I was told you could get a chip for £100 to convert the TV, and that the sat nav would work from this with a UK sat nav disc put in the DVD player. It's all extra cost of course,, and a little dangerous watching Coro at 160+ mph.

W

Told by whom? There are a few people who would like the answer to that!

WildCards
12-04-2005, 05:55 PM
The guy selling the one I went to look at, i asked him to find out for sure because if i buy the car i want it done. He hasn't got back to me yet but was pretty sure the TV could be adapted, not so sure about the sat nav more was optimistic. I'll let you know what he comes back.

SGHOM
12-04-2005, 06:09 PM
the MMCS [ sat nav, TV ] will not work in the UK.
www.protech.co.uk claim to convert it, but all they do is fit a PAL to NTSC converter, & bung a stand alone nav system in the boot. that way, the sat nav can only be operated by remote control, & not touch screen.
best bet is to buy a PDA with tom tom, & stick it to your windscreen !! :thumbsup:

WildCards
17-04-2005, 10:12 AM
More money that i can barter off the car then? I think i'd rather have it working tho.

p1_
18-04-2005, 02:08 AM
Yeah get a red one and be one of the few around :thumbsup:

WildCards
18-04-2005, 09:09 AM
The one i'm looking at is Miester Blue, and from what i can tell that is a pretty rare colour aswell, the red Newera one looks good tho, those alloys are nice but better in black/anthracite but i hate the leather colour inside. If it had black leather i'd be on the phone immediately!

psbarham
18-04-2005, 09:36 AM
The one i'm looking at is Miester Blue, and from what i can tell that is a pretty rare colour aswell
it's also the best colour by far , not that i'm biased or anything :inquisiti

Smokinmasta2
18-04-2005, 11:00 AM
it's also the best colour by far , not that i'm biased or anything :inquisiti

You and Bl**dy meister Blue !!!!

What pics are you guys looking at for this Red one?????? - only one i remember seeing is the one you mention, but that's been for sale for at least 2 1/2 months.
Quite like the look of them in Red - but it will stand out and loose it's 'stealth' look IMO?
Thinking about doing that black bib thing on mine - well front spoiler only, i cant decide!!!

Smokin

adam_shaw
18-04-2005, 11:03 AM
The light interior is good, especially when you don't get the moonroof. It makes the car seem far more spacious.

Black interiors seem a little, well, German really.

A

WildCards
19-04-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm a fan of dark interiors. I like the close claustrophobic feel, makes the car feel smaller and more secure IMO. I always feel more confident about 'chucking' a car around when it's smaller. My Scenic is far too open and 'airy' for my liking, it just feels huge, when it really isn't. It's all personal preference though.