PDA

View Full Version : negative camber lovers

Pugme
20-10-2014, 06:30 PM
o so in my pursuit of stupidness :beerbang: i have had the upper rear arms modified to induce more negative camber. before i swapped the arms over i could phsically wedge a credit card between the arch and the tyre.

i do need to get the car on a geometry machine to check the setup but it is a tad low and i dont often drive it so im not in a rush.

so, the pics will kinda show what i have done, and the next step will be to experiment with an additional set of 5mm and 10mm spacers to get the wheel sitting good again. and obviously then getting a solid one piece spacer made as im not keen on running 2/3 spacers stacked on each other.

tim did mention there was a bolt i could unwind to induce more negative camber but i honestly couldnt see it im guessing its somewhere on the lower arm?? anyone got any clue??

i used a tape and spirit level the wheel has gone from 45mm to 51mm of camber, and the spacers will hopefully give a huge visual improvement, so hopefully more pics next weekend :bananadan

Badger_01
20-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Bloody hell.. I like it!!

TAR
20-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Darren, have a look here http://www.camskill.co.uk/m22b0s1403p12585/MITSUBISHI_OE_GENUINE_PARTS_SERVICING_PARTS_TUNING _SPARES_and_SERVICE_ACCESSORIES_-_Rear_Lower_Camber_Adjustment_Arm_-_Galant_and_Legnum_VR4_EC5A_EC5W

:happy:

Pugme
20-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Ahhhh I see, I thought it was a standard part :-) guess I better spend another £180 before I buy spacers

Cheers tim

Nick Mann
21-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Darren, it is a standard part. You will have those on both sides already, the bolt on the inner end of that arm adjusts its length, but it will have an effect on tracking as well as camber.

Pugme
21-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Oh really. Guess I wasnt looking hard enough.

Should be playing with spacers this weekend and may even fit the coilovers to the runabout lol

scott.mohekey
21-10-2014, 08:45 PM
The bolt in question needs to have it's nut loosened, after which you can rotate the bolt to adjust the effective length of the lower arm, finishing by tightening the nut back up.

Also, this mod would not be legal in NZ at all. We've had new laws introduced recently that limit the amount of camber adjustment to no more than half a degree more than the manufacturer's specified limit. From what I can gather with a quick google, Mitsubishi recommend -1.5 degrees as the limit for the Galants/Legnums. Therefore, the limit in NZ would be -2 degrees.

joetheeskimo
26-10-2014, 09:23 PM
looks great pugme. I think i will go down that route. i was thinking about making some adjustable upper camber arms on the CNC machine at work to get more than 3 degrees of camber. Everyone loves a bit of oni camber

Pugme
09-11-2014, 08:25 PM
OK right..

NO

Mitsubishi sucks!! The camber arm doesn't do dick tithe camber it just toes the wheel in. From looking I reckon I could get the arm at the very bottom in the middle made with a adjustable thread in the middle to wind out some camber. So may look into it.

Other than that I did borrow some 6mm spacers so the wheels are sitting better.

Didn't get any pics! Just realised lol