Year: 1999
Colour: Trigger Mauve
Transmission: Manual
Mileage Total: 135,000

WOF Expiry Date: 14 January 2015
Registration Expiry Date: 17 December 2015

Contact Method: PM for now, or post on the thread

Price A: $15,000 All items as listed
Price B: $11,000 As listed without anything under the "Other Stuff" section (I.e. drive the car away with essentially what it has on it)
Price C: $9,000 As price B but with standard ignition and injectors
Price D: $6,000 As price C but with standard centre diff, standard open rear and open front.
Price E: $5,000 As price D with standard exhaust system and boost solenoid

Car Description

General

Right, so some of you know I bought Ryans 2001 Galant VR-4. Have always wanted a Black car and since moving rural, I don't have the time for all the mucking about modifying and stuff.

EOI is for pretty much everything, as is. The main exclusions are as follows
Headlights will be standard
Wheels will be Enkei Tarmac Evos (17", condition is a bit rough, 225 45 17 tyres, plenty of tread though)
Front bumper will be stardard (comes with new un-used tow-hook cover)

Also included is just about every car related part I have in the garage.

If anyone is interested, the price listed would let you walk away with it. After a little while I'll start converting it back to standard and adjusting the price accordingly. Not much else to say, ill list what I can remember off the top of my head.

Modifications.

600x300x76 FMIC
Converted to Manual (full manual loom change, has auto dash but have manual dash with ~100,000kms on it)
Brembo brakes
Customised OE ECU
Wideband O2 controller
Adjustable suspension (12/8 kg fr/r, certified)
Gearbox has evo 1st and 2nd ratios
Cusco Tarmac Gear centre diff
Cusco twin plate clutch
Cusco Viscous Coupler eliminator spool in trasfer case
Transfer case upgraded to 10mm bolts
Evo 4-6 helical LSD front diff
Evo 9 plate LSD rear with AYC removal
Pros equal length front pipes (some damage, but still work fine)
Fujitsubo cat-back (some damage to the muffler also, but works fine) modified to use v-band couplings.
Decat pipe (could do with being 10mm longer, have some spare tube to do this if interested. works fine, but I am picky)
Solid rubber front roll-stop
Ralliart foam filter
3-port boost solenoid
1000cc Injector Dynamics injectors
COP conversion (runs wasted spark still, but individual coils)
BKR7EIX plugs
Properly installed AVS S5 alarm (at least 20 hours of work to do, required full strip down of dash)

Other Stuff.

Parts available but not on the car
Spare engine (most of it is there, some bolt on parts missing but probably available somewhere in the garage)
AYC diff
Spare gearbox casing, lots of gear parts, should be enough to rebuild. Have some new bearings and seals, not sure if its the whole set but should be close.
Rest of manual conversion parts to go with gearbox mentioned above
Forging kit, pistons, rods, mains studs, 12mm head studs (requires block/head mods) full engine rebuild kit.
Ground cams and uprated springs
2 x GT2056 turbos (new, un-used and in Garrett boxes)
Monster style fiberglass bonnet (un-used, still in box)
Full standard exhaust system
Extra spare standard muffler
ACD transfer case (needs an o-ring before being put back together)
ACD AYC pump
ACD ECU with some wiring I was doing to convert harness to use standard AYC stuff
AYC stuff (think I am missing the rear axles, but rest should be available if you wanted to convert back to AYC)
Spare open rear diff and axles
3-4 spare ECUs (all flashable)
Alloy Radiator

You can take any other parts which are car related (with some minor exclusions which will be discussed if it goes this far)

Bad bits

3rd gear is a bit notchy, shifts well under high RPM but prefers not to shift too quickly at low speed.
Usual paint chips and stuff.
Rear bumper colour is a bit off on one side, has been that way since I bought it.
Has sun-roof :P lol

Badger_01
21-10-2014, 03:49 AM
This is a serious bargain considering the mods and the extra goodies

Kenneth
27-10-2014, 03:07 AM
Added some stuff and put up a pricing schedule for different levels of modification.

Basically the car is worth more in parts, but of course that requires effort :P

Bender
27-10-2014, 03:15 AM
If you sell the car without the other stuff, Would you be selling the parts off?

Kenneth
27-10-2014, 04:25 AM
Yeah, most likely!

Bender
27-10-2014, 04:32 AM
If you do, I would be interested in monster style fiberglass bonnet and open diff and axles

Kenneth
27-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Sure, any indication on what sort of money you would be willing to part with for them?

Basically I am looking to get $15,000 together... Would rather do it fast with less energy, but if it looks like only going to be achievable in parts, ill go that way.

Bender
27-10-2014, 07:26 AM
I'm not to sure, So it best you give me idea of a price you would be wanting, I don't want to offer you to low for the parts haha...

But see how you go with selling everything first and send me a pm if you have no luck

Kenneth
06-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Listed on trademe

Adam.Findlay
06-12-2014, 01:10 PM
PM sent

AKKO
03-06-2015, 03:36 PM
More details on these bits, point me at a previous thread if easier - cheers.

"Forging kit, pistons, rods, mains studs, 12mm head studs (requires block/head mods) full engine rebuild kit.
Ground cams and uprated springs"

Adam.Findlay
04-06-2015, 04:18 AM
Wiseco pistons, Prism rods. My 262 cams and springs. Kenneth can elaborate the ARP buts but they are pretty self explanatory.
Engine rebuild i think is just the engine overhaul gasket and sel kit.

Kenneth
07-06-2015, 05:04 AM
Engine overhaul kit is no longer available.

Adam has everything correct. 12mm head studs are ARP2000 and should be good for 120 lb/ft of torque, if the heads can handle it.

Adam.Findlay
07-06-2015, 11:42 AM
only issue is getting 12mm studs through the head gaskets. its a pretty borderline fit at 11mm studs. the gaskets would defiantly need modifying

Kenneth
08-06-2015, 01:20 AM
only issue is getting 12mm studs through the head gaskets. its a pretty borderline fit at 11mm studs. the gaskets would defiantly need modifying

not an issue, use a dremel tool or other small scale rotary grinder. Carefully increase the hole size making sure to not overheat the gasket. I would be thinking about using a carbide tip rather than grinding wheel as its probably going to generate less heat in the gasket and work faster.

Adam.Findlay
08-06-2015, 01:47 AM
Id go with a grinding wheel. Carbide burrs tend to dig into and tear MLS gaskets. Trust me been there done that.

Kenneth
09-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Grinding it takes forever, been there done that! lol

I was thinking about making a small clamping jig to use a bur with, then using a small bur with really high speed. The clamp would be a pair of vice-grips with rings welded to the end to get a ring around the hole of the correct diameter (and make an alignment tool), then the gasket clamped with minimal force between some wood close to the hole being cut.

There a a lot of holes to cut, so a bit of fiddling about initially to speed it up will pay off big time. It took me quite a while just to do one hole, and then I think I went through one grinding wheel to do it.

leviwoolf
18-06-2015, 01:39 PM
100% after the rear LSD! Hoping to get it in the car before the next trackday which is the 25th of July. Contact me if that's possible (: And whatever you're asking for - for the bonnet, I've got it! Keen as mate

marvelman156
25-08-2015, 01:58 AM
Would you be interested in selling any parts separately? Or would you rather keep as a package?

Kenneth
28-12-2015, 03:09 AM
Now on trademe
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1006478326

Is back almost to standard now.

Took it for a bit of a drive after getting WOF, reminded me what I love about VR-4s... Still, got to go.

Will list up parts separately over time.

Oblivion
29-12-2015, 01:33 AM
Subbed for that impending parts list :P

kiwigalant
03-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Yeah Kenneth come on, you know we'll want to buy more stuff off you :D

low_vr4
04-01-2016, 12:59 AM
Subbed for that impending parts list :P

ME too!

Kenneth
01-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Sold.

Just got the other Galant to sell now lol

low_vr4
01-03-2016, 12:23 AM
Sold.

Just got the other Galant to sell now lol

With all the extras?

Kenneth
01-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Nope, nearly standard. Purchaser will get first dibs but then when I am clear of both Galants I'll offer everything for sale.