PDA

View Full Version : The Future

Big Ian
20-02-2005, 10:39 PM
after many,many thought's about VR4 ownership i have now came to a decision :2thumbsup
I'M KEEPING WHAT IVE GOT! :smitten:
-------------------------------------
but :) something's are going to change with my car? (yip there's room for improvment)
first i'm adding better stop'n power /yes ..then full adjustable suspension and a set of 18'z
ive got a pretty quick car as it is and i do most of my driving on busy road's so with this in mind i can't justify owning a 150mph+ car :sad3: .....i have thought about changing for a V6-sport but why change to a car that's almost exact to what i have?:rolleyes4

so look's like i'll be hangin around the "none VR4 section" for a while :2thumbsup

Spirit
20-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Totally respect you're decision Ian, and can totally understand you're justification for making such a choice. If you're happy with what you have why not keep the cash (and keep the wife happy) !

HJM
20-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Good for you Ian - you obviously love that car, so why change it :2thumbsup

KiwiTT
20-02-2005, 11:05 PM
I can fully understand ... I had the same heartache over the GTi16v. However, it was being transferred to someone who deserved a better car, my "Father-in-law". This made the decision easier, plus getting a fully optioned and upgraded VR-4 for NZ$10,000 less then going rates for a "stock" one, was an offer to good to pass up.

You have the added advantage that "Galants" are quite rare in the UK and with what you have done to yours makes it unique.

Trow
20-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeh but.... VR4 Mmmmmmmm :smitten:

Kieran
20-02-2005, 11:08 PM
As Pete says - Total respect for your descision there Ian.

There can only be one GOD of GLS Power... And there's no better person for the Job! :2thumbsup :evil2:

SGHOM
20-02-2005, 11:09 PM
seeing as your not selling Ian, you may as well race it ?? /yes /yes :2thumbsup

HJM
20-02-2005, 11:10 PM

PMSL - good point, Derek /yes

Big Ian
20-02-2005, 11:15 PM

your just looking for another notch on your dash :rolleyes4

SGHOM
20-02-2005, 11:22 PM
your just looking for another notch on your dash :rolleyes4
no, not at all !! I just dont want you driving back to Scotland saying "SH!T SH!T SH!T !! I wish I'd been on the track !! /wall /dunce

we dont race each other, we race the track/ourselves. /yes :2thumbsup

wirdy
20-02-2005, 11:22 PM

Must admit, I only paid for one session last year & so had to sit out the second session while I watched the Club VR4 convoy head back out onto the track & then back after 15 mins with huge grins, more tall tales and the smell of hot Galants (& BDA melted brakes :rolleyes4 )

Not doing that again.........would be even worse not going out at all.

C'mon Ian - & bring a companion to share the drive back.

Spirit
20-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Ian....."look into the eyes, look into the eyes, not around the eyes, look into the eyes.........you will come on track at Combe" /yes

If that don't work just keep watching the vids from Combe last week and then tell me you don't wanna join in the fun :rolleyes4

/do you think we will wear him down ?

SGHOM
20-02-2005, 11:29 PM
/do you think we will wear him down ?
we'll have to !! we cant drag him on there, have you seen the size of him ?? :rolleyes4 :inquisiti :smitten: :smitten:

Kieran
20-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Ignore 'em Ian!! You do whatever you want! You certainly won't need to take your GLS on track for it to attract attention anyway! :2thumbsup

jawmd
20-02-2005, 11:45 PM
hi ian,
seen your car several times before, think we stay in the same area.
FAB looking car, if it was mine i would definately be keeping it too! :2thumbsup

maybe c u around some time
jay

Big Ian
21-02-2005, 07:13 AM
hi ian,
seen your car several times before, think we stay in the same area.
FAB looking car, if it was mine i would definately be keeping it too! :2thumbsup

maybe c u around some time
jay

:2thumbsup thank's......what area you from?

ritch_w
21-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi Ian,

you have probably made the right decision ;)

i probably shoud have kept the v6 for same reasons as yourself, i hardly blast the vr4 (its mostly used for school run, busy roads, slow motorway commutes - which the v6 was more than ample for)

but that said, i've bought the vr and love it!!!! when it does get a blast its fantastic

again - respect is due for making your decision - now you must bear the title of "GOD OF GLS POWER"!!!!! :beatnik2:

Big Ian
21-02-2005, 12:02 PM
:inquisiti think i may have found my next tattoo?

GOD OF GLS POWER

:2thumbsup

pezza
21-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Just read this Ian,

After all the work put into your car making it so unique... it would be heart wrenching to sell it..

KEEEEP it...

You say you wanted some 18s? eh? LOL (kidding hahah)

paulmc
21-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Ian,

You could always bang on a couple o turbos /yes you know you want to :2thumbsup :rolleyes4

jawmd
23-02-2005, 12:42 AM
:2thumbsup thank's......what area you from?

hi there big man! you know you know me well ( real well!) /yes

Kieran
23-02-2005, 12:50 AM
hi there big man! you know you know me well ( real well!) /yes

Jacque?! :inquisiti

jawmd
23-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Jacque?! :inquisiti

hi keiran, busted! :-policema
thought it might be a good idea to get to know you guys a little bit before we meet in may, not that i know that much about cars (only what ian drones on about). back on topic - ians still doing my head in about future plans (vr4?).
i was bribed for my first post on "future" :rolleyes4

Kieran
23-02-2005, 01:08 AM
hi keiran, busted! :-policema
thought it might be a good idea to get to know you guys a little bit before we meet in may, not that i know that much about cars (only what ian drones on about). back on topic - ians still doing my head in about future plans (vr4?).
i was bribed for my first post on "future" :rolleyes4

Eheehehe!!!! :thumbsup: Nice one - Good to see you online! So, how's the driving lessons coming along - Has Ian taken you out in the GLS yet?! :karate:

SGHOM
23-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi Jawmd, & welcome to the club. :thumbsup:

for just £20 you can become a full member, & have access to all the technical inform............................................ ........... :embarasse :embarasse

dont suppose your bothered really !! :zzz: :zzz: I'll get me coat !! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

Big Ian
23-02-2005, 01:16 AM
:joker: /lol
"dont listen to her K,i never knew she was registered!"
Jacque can have a shot of the GLS anytime, :inquisiti once she's bought me a VR4 /yes

jawmd
23-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Eheehehe!!!! :thumbsup: Nice one - Good to see you online! So, how's the driving lessons coming along - Has Ian taken you out in the GLS yet?! :karate:

only just started with the lessons, TOTALLY TERRIFIED! :sick2:
with the kids getting older, thought it was about time.
ian's going to take me out for a little while tonight, if his nerves can stand it :shocked:.
this will be the first time he's took me out for a shot in the astra (no GLS, as you'll have seen thats still his :baby: ), so should be fun :rolleyes4

jawmd
23-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi Jawmd, & welcome to the club. :thumbsup:

for just £20 you can become a full member, & have access to all the technical inform............................................ ........... :embarasse :embarasse

dont suppose your bothered really !! :zzz: :zzz: I'll get me coat !! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

hiya
thanks for the welcome Derek, but i think for now i'll leave full membership to Ian (unless i eventually get his :baby: ).he likes all the technical stuff :zzz:
I might get him to treat me to a club top for the Jap meet in May though (seeing he's talked me into all that travelling), no doubt he'll want more than a top in return.......maybe a fleece :rolleyes4

SGHOM
23-02-2005, 04:49 PM
only just started with the lessons, TOTALLY TERRIFIED!
just relax. you only really learn to drive after you pass your test. :thumbsup:

'Ive been driving in my car' for years, & I'm still learning, sort of !! :rolleyes4 as in how to take corners at over 100 mph with the rear wheels spinning !! :evil2:

once you get the hang of it, it's easy like sunday morning ! /yes :2thumbsup