PDA

View Full Version : Boost gauge electrical wiring

alexander-a
29-10-2014, 08:19 AM
It is a mechanical boost gauge and installing has been fine until I got stopped by some wiring to illuminate it.

How and where do I connect a wire to ACC power and park lights power?

Interested in making it white scale at day and amber at night
-line 3 in the table.

Atik
29-10-2014, 11:47 AM
There should be plenty of points to connect to in that area. But the absolute easiest way is to run the wires to the rear of the stereo area. With the key in the ACC position, the stereo should come on, therefore providing the power for the white light (I think the orange or yellow cable in the stereo loom). In the same area, you should have the ashtray light which illuminates with the headlights coming on, this should provide you with the feed for the amber light. Obviously please use a multimeter and test each wire before you hook it up.

Nick Mann
29-10-2014, 10:41 PM
The stereo loom has a lighting feed too.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?6373-Radio-Wiring

alexander-a
30-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Has worked thanks :D

Ended up using red wire from radio for acc and another radio wire (orange) for lights

Nick Mann
30-10-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm guessing that the colours you mentioned are on an adapter lead or the stereo itself? Those colours don't match the mitsy loom.

alexander-a
30-10-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm guessing that the colours you mentioned are on an adapter lead or the stereo itself? Those colours don't match the mitsy loom.
That's correct

alexander-a
16-11-2014, 02:08 AM
After using this setup I'm not satisfied with it lighting up when in ACC. I'm looking to tap into an ON power source.
I was thinking somewhere in the air con control but which wire?

GalantOnly
16-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Blue/red wire in the "corner" of the small A/C control plug...