PDA

View Full Version : Wastegate issue

Bender
03-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Since I got my car back on the road, When on boost being getting a high patch noise and the boost has been all over the place, Like getting up to 16/18psi and sound like it coming from the back on the engine so could rear wastegate be stuck?

If so what is the best way to go about replacing it? What kind of wastegate would you guys recommed to use?

Badger_01
03-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Go externals :P

Have you double checked all of the vacuum lines that you changed? Everything is going where its supposed to go?

Bender
03-11-2014, 08:04 AM
I'm sure all the vacuum were put back they are meant be, When I replace them, did one at a time, But I did lose the ones for throttle body pipe but think got the right one going back to the pipe from looking at a photo.

Going to recheck the pipping for the blow of valve tomorrow, I haven't touch anything to do with the wastegates.

Davezj
03-11-2014, 02:29 PM
the rear wastegate is easy to check if it is getting stuck, or not. you can reach down to the push rod a move it manually to open and close the wastegate. just ensure it is able to move. it will be quite tight as you are pushing against the wastegate actuator spring, but it should move. you might need to get hold of the rod with a pair of pliers.

Bender
04-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the reply Dave, Will try it,

It lost all boost tonight, When to put my foot down to pass a car and nothing happen, Lost all power together, Felt like the time I had a pipe blew off but all the pipes are nice and tight

Davezj
04-11-2014, 11:31 PM
it might be a pipe you can't check easily, so a boost leak test sounds like the next step.
what did the can boost to was it wastegate pressure of about 0.4 bar or was zero pressure, as if a pipe had come off.

scott.mohekey
05-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Definitely sounds like a boost leak.

Bender
05-11-2014, 06:03 AM
I think may found the problem, Whoever put the front mount on, Cut the factory sort pipes to fit, I had them off and was going to replace with silicone pipes but couldn't get the right angles, After spending under an hour to get them back on, look like one has started to come off. Just means I got to take the front bumper off again grrrrrrr....

Badger_01
05-11-2014, 06:08 AM
. Just means I got to take the front bumper off again grrrrrrr....

Oh how I hate doing this. Then the tabs broke for the bolts to go into the guards so the sides of the bumper are cable tied on. Now its not such a mission to take my bumper off haha

Bender
05-11-2014, 06:20 AM
Oh how I hate doing this. Then the tabs broke for the bolts to go into the guards so the sides of the bumper are cable tied on. Now its not such a mission to take my bumper off haha

Lol yeah mine is hold on by cable tied on along the front and bolt on each side haha, Can have the bumper off in 10 minutes, But take alot longer to put it back on