PDA

View Full Version : Fan control Temperature

ersanalamin
03-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Hi Guys, I just curious, Is there a way to manipulate the fan control operating temperature? I just need all of fan start to work at lower temperature than the stock. I found out on vr4base xml the fan control hasn't correctly determined yet. I need this at least to minimize the risk of knocking. TIA for the reponds guys

Davezj
03-11-2014, 11:52 PM
personally i would fit a switch with a relay to be able to switch the fans on and off when you want to.
all you need to do ground the black soldered wire coming out of the silver fan controller, not the side with the connector on, but the side closest to the middle of the car.
the current of the two rad fans is about 20A, this is why you need to switch it with a relay.

but to test you have the correct wire connect a thickish wire to chassis and short the wire to gnd and the fans should switch on. i think you will need the ignition turned on to make the fans switch on.

if you post up a picture of the fan controller (hedgehog) i will point out the wire you need.

or you can just set the temp to 17Deg and switch the air con on which forces the fans on full speed.

ersanalamin
04-11-2014, 02:16 AM
personally i would fit a switch with a relay to be able to switch the fans on and off when you want to.
all you need to do ground the black soldered wire coming out of the silver fan controller, not the side with the connector on, but the side closest to the middle of the car.
the current of the two rad fans is about 20A, this is why you need to switch it with a relay.

but to test you have the correct wire connect a thickish wire to chassis and short the wire to gnd and the fans should switch on. i think you will need the ignition turned on to make the fans switch on.

if you post up a picture of the fan controller (hedgehog) i will point out the wire you need.

or you can just set the temp to 17Deg and switch the air con on which forces the fans on full speed.

Sure Dave we could make your advice work to lower the temperature or buy the billion vfc to do the job http://www.billion-inc.co.jp/billion2006/VFC_series/VFC-Max/VFC-Max_index.html

But could we just do it with ecuflash?

Davezj
04-11-2014, 11:42 PM
i know what you are talking about Ersan,
but no not as far as i can work out, i have briefly tested the fan control section at the bottom of kenneths 1.03 rom and none of the fan control tables as far as i could see actually change the switch on and off point of the fans.

i do know that one of the tables make the car run really rough when you adjust the values. obviously that table has nothing to do with the fan control. so i stopped playing with them. at that point, as i had no idea what it was adjusting, to be fair it does say that this section is untested.

ersanalamin
06-11-2014, 02:13 AM
i know what you are talking about Ersan,
but no not as far as i can work out, i have briefly tested the fan control section at the bottom of kenneths 1.03 rom and none of the fan control tables as far as i could see actually change the switch on and off point of the fans.

i do know that one of the tables make the car run really rough when you adjust the values. obviously that table has nothing to do with the fan control. so i stopped playing with them. at that point, as i had no idea what it was adjusting, to be fair it does say that this section is untested.

Hmmfp, thanks for the tip Dave. Will check this out this week end. Maybe I can persuade my car guru to dissemble the feature for us :D :D

Davezj
08-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Hmmfp, thanks for the tip Dave. Will check this out this week end. Maybe I can persuade my car guru to dissemble the feature for us :D :D

it would be nice if it could be done, as lowering the switch on point would be very useful.
the switch on point might be about 95 deg C but they do not come on full speed until the temp gets to about 110deg C.
well that is what my coolant temp gauge says.
if i could i would have the fans coming on a 80 deg C in my car, which is why i have a switch for the factory fans and have fitted 2 extra fans behind the intercooler to aid the through put of air from the the front of the large aftermarket intercooler.