PDA

View Full Version : Autobox down change from 3rd to second

Z-Kev
04-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi,
ever since I bought the car my autobox doesnt like changing from 3rd down to second when slowing down, it slows right down and then goes into first and can be a bit harsh at the same time, when I have it in tip i change down to second my self no problems and then let it go into first on its own.Any ideas appreaciated as Im thinking the mesh filter inside the box might have a bit of a blockage cutting pressure on nill throttle?

elnevio
04-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Changing from 3rd to first when slowing down in D (i.e. nearly at a stop) is normal autobox behaviour. Doing so with a bit of a jolt is less so.

If that mesh filter is sufficiently blocked to reduce the pressure, I wouldn't be worried about the filter! :skull:

What's the fluid situation? I.e. Type, condition, level?

Z-Kev
04-11-2014, 12:41 PM
fluid new last year, did full flush , still clear red, used millermatic sp4 but will change to amsoil soon

Davezj
04-11-2014, 01:24 PM
I will second nev's comments 3 rd to first in D is normal but with a jolt or harsh is not.
Unless when the auto box is changing from 3rd to 1st you decide to press the accelerator the auto box will get a little confused and when drive is engaged then yes it will probably be a harsh change down to 1st.
I know mine does this. But if I come to a stop it changes down perfectly.
If you are coming to a stop and then decide to go again, as long as you don't stamp on the accelerator the car should pull away in 3rd fine.

Z-Kev
05-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks dave, im wondering if the tps input being slightly out will affect this , might have to do some thinking, otherwise the box works perfectly

I will second nev's comments 3 rd to first in D is normal but with a jolt or harsh is not.
Unless when the auto box is changing from 3rd to 1st you decide to press the accelerator the auto box will get a little confused and when drive is engaged then yes it will probably be a harsh change down to 1st.
I know mine does this. But if I come to a stop it changes down perfectly.
If you are coming to a stop and then decide to go again, as long as you don't stamp on the accelerator the car should pull away in 3rd fine.