PDA

View Full Version : evoscan Preston/Bolton area

keano
03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
I've put this in the northwest area aswel bit thought I'd put it here. Cars failed mot on lamba reading. 1.39 was the figure is think. Put a cat on, ran a few tanks injector cleaner through and had a new back box fitted. Exhaust system is gas tight. So seeing if anyone has an evoscan in the area to check my lamba sensor. Suspect it's goosed but so getting decent economy. Had 270 miles on a gentle motorway tank. And it's an auto.
Cheers
Danny

Confused
03-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Did you get it REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hot for its retest?

adaxo
03-12-2014, 01:48 PM
I have evoscan but a very limited time windows in between my main work (nights), self employment (days), and child care (evenings), but we can try to arrange something, what times are good for you?

Davezj
03-12-2014, 02:07 PM
yes I am sure one of us can sort something out.
I have evoscan as well.

keano
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Cheers lads. I gave it a good thrashing for 15 mins pre test but it may have stood a little before. But it's way off. I can do anytime after 5 at nights really so whenever any of you can I'll come over.
Many thanks
Danny

Confused
03-12-2014, 07:39 PM
At my last MOT, although it had been ran hard for ~10-15 minutes before arriving, it took a couple of minutes for the readings to come down into the right range.

A good tip (one of my dad's) to advise the MOT tester on, is to rev it to ~4000 for a minute or so, then give it a bloody good rev, and come right off the throttle.

This then draws fresh air through the engine, which "kick starts" the cat into life, and you can then go back up to the fast idle speed.

keano
04-12-2014, 06:29 AM
Had a look at the emissions fail sheet and the garage has been testing it as a 3000gt. So gong to try a different, more import friendly garage using the advice techniques. That's this weekend hopefully. So will keep ya posted. Will still do an evoscan at some point if that's alright. But no immediate rush. Unless it fails again.
Thanks again chaps.
Danny

Davezj
04-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Come down to a north west meet and we can do it there.

horndog
04-12-2014, 11:30 PM
My garage used to help me out as they could (but wouldnt do anything illegal)
A rag up the tailpipe used to help but when that didnt work it was just a leaking downpipe pre lambda sensor - a wodjno replacement and I was good to go.