PDA

View Full Version : vr4; model sygf2???

Jnic0
06-12-2014, 08:09 AM
What are these sygf2/3 models I have read on the internet? They are part of the vr4, but Wikipedia doesn't help :/ nor google (maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Confused
06-12-2014, 11:03 AM
The SYGF2 is the model designation for the Super VR-4, a limited edition run in the pre- to post-facelift transition, where they took a standard pre-facelift automatic Type-S, gave it red interior bits (carpet, door cards, handbrake, gear lever, seats including front Recaro seats), and a body kit which consists of front canards, deeper side skirts, rear lip and a larger spoiler. Other than the cosmetic bits, it is absolutely identical in terms of chassis, running gear and power to any other pre-facelift Type-S. Oh, and they only came in silver or red, with the body kit painted black.

The SYGF3 is a post-facelift Type-S without ASC or AYC, so it lacks these electronic systems which allow you to push the car faster and harder.

Jnic0
09-12-2014, 09:28 AM
The SYGF2 is the model designation for the Super VR-4, a limited edition run in the pre- to post-facelift transition, where they took a standard pre-facelift automatic Type-S, gave it red interior bits (carpet, door cards, handbrake, gear lever, seats including front Recaro seats), and a body kit which consists of front canards, deeper side skirts, rear lip and a larger spoiler. Other than the cosmetic bits, it is absolutely identical in terms of chassis, running gear and power to any other pre-facelift Type-S. Oh, and they only came in silver or red, with the body kit painted black.

The SYGF3 is a post-facelift Type-S without ASC or AYC, so it lacks these electronic systems which allow you to push the car faster and harder.

Oh cool!. Thanks for the info :)

Badger_01
09-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Hmm learn something new everyday :)

Bobby~d
09-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Good info there.^^^

Bobby~d
12-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Could anyone tell me which model VR4 this chassis number belongs to? 71703

Davezj
12-03-2015, 10:27 PM
i have just run that chassis number through ASA and it comes up with VR-4 V 5FM/T

so be my reconing it is a very late model 2001 type V manual

which mans as standard no ayc, no rear boot spoiler, no arch extentions, no hi vis dash.
but i believe these were all optional extras on the type V so you may have them.

got any external pics of the car and possibly a pic of the rear diff to make sure.

CANDEE
12-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Slightly wrong there Dave.

Its got a boot spoiler as its a galant and its got Hi-Vis according to ASA. :)

Bobby~d
13-03-2015, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the responses so far. I just got it and was wondering about it. Here are a couple other pics.717047170571706

And was wondering what this switch is for. 71707

Not the fog light switch but the one below it

Davezj
13-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Slightly wrong there Dave.

Its got a boot spoiler as its a galant and its got Hi-Vis according to ASA. :)

how can you tell?
do you have a complete decode for the options list somewhere.
option V00
exterior W75E
interior 06X

i suppose you can't realy have galant VR4 with out a rear spoiler as there are divits in the boot lid where the spoiler sits and it would look really crap. where as the legnm type V can have the rear spoiler removed.
It has a a cold spec switch as well for the windscreen heater.

Bobby~d
13-03-2015, 12:42 AM
Still missing a few parts to make it complete. Once I get them I'm going to paint it over in the same white.
I'll try to get a pic of the diff tomorrow. Also the cold spec switch that you mentioned is that for defogging the front windscreen?

Nick Mann
13-03-2015, 07:43 AM
It warms the bottom of the windscreen, where the wipers sit.
I agree it is a type V. I can't see the ayc on the dash and there are no plastic wheel arch trims.

Bobby~d
13-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Cool thanks Nick and yeah it doesn't have the ayc symbol on the dash. It just has the VR4 logo as shown in the pic.

CANDEE
15-03-2015, 09:43 AM
how can you tell?

I checked the chassis number in asa and it came up with the correct gauge cluster for high viz, and ALL the vr4 galants came with a spoiler...

CANDEE
15-03-2015, 09:45 AM
It also should heat the mirrors when the windscreen heater is turned on...

Nick Mann
15-03-2015, 11:34 AM
The chassis number is a second facelift number, I am pretty sure that all second facelift type v VR4s had hi vis dashboards.

Bobby~d
15-03-2015, 12:25 PM

That's really cool thanks for the info.

CANDEE
15-03-2015, 08:17 PM
The chassis number is a second facelift number, I am pretty sure that all second facelift type v VR4s had hi vis dashboards.
Sounds about right Nick. Our NZ new type v's all had high viz as far as im aware too.

Davezj
15-03-2015, 08:29 PM

that is what i thought until about a few weeks ago when nick pointed out that the heated mirror come on automatically with the heater rear screen, and only the wiper blade heater on the front screen is turned on by the switch.

CANDEE
15-03-2015, 09:00 PM
that is what i thought until about a few weeks ago when nick pointed out that the heated mirror come on automatically with the heater rear screen, and only the wiper blade heater on the front screen is turned on by the switch.
Then how do you explain how mine work that way?

Davezj
15-03-2015, 09:43 PM
I am just saying as you described the operation of the heated mirrors is how i thought mine worked. And i explained this in another thread, but nick mann came back a told me the mirrors came on with the heated rear screen, i was not convinced by this but i am always open to rechecking something i thought i knew. i was still convinced the mirrors only came on with the front wiper heaters. So i check it for myself even if it was just so i could report back to nick mann and say mine did not oprerate like his did, but i found that mine did operate in the same way and i posted back and confirmed that i was wrong and he was right.
i waited for the next cold day til and tested it, i switched the heated rear screen on only and put my hand on the drivers side mirror and it was warm i was gobsmacked.
try it for yourself.

Nick Mann
15-03-2015, 11:30 PM
Do the mirrors warm with either switch?

Davezj
15-03-2015, 11:51 PM
that is a possibility, and i have to admit i did not check if the mirrors heated with only the front screen wiper heater.
but i can't really test this now as i had the front screen replaced and the only one i could get hold of at a reasonalbe price (free) was a standard warn spec front screen so my switch is not connected to anything any more, which is a shame. but it didn't really add anything to the defrost of the front screen. the heated mirrors on the other hand very useful.