PDA

View Full Version : Help Me To Change A Rear Diferential Oil And Ayc

yeyoracer
22-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Hi Friend

I need to change the oil in the rear diferential, but the mechanics not have idea

1..what oil need my Legnum ..80 W 90 ? sinthetic or not
2.. where is ubicated in the rear diferential filler and drain
3.. where is ubicated the ayc filler and drain
it´s very confuse

thanks

Gly
22-02-2005, 04:52 AM
if your mechanics dont know this.... DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH THE CAR!!
take it to a mitsi deal, have them do the AYC as i heard its pretty compicated

yeyoracer
22-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I write from Panama and I Import the Legnum to Japan with 72000kms.

I dont have service history .

In Panama not exist the Legnum and the Mitsu Dealer dont Know the system . In panama , Mitsu sale a EVO AND 3000GT.

I would like learn and see picture for the change the oil in the rear diferential and ayc .

My car have automatic trans. Now tell me pls..!
The legnum use a TRANSFER ?
if the answer if yes , what grade oil use

sorry for the questions but i need know the car , and the experience is necesary.

dickytim
23-02-2005, 06:21 AM
the diff is the same as the Evo ones and should be serviced as suck, The system needs to be bled once you have changed to diff oils (3 different types and 1 additive) one is ATF the other is AYC fluid and don't knoe the other 2.

paulmc
23-02-2005, 05:12 PM
you dont really need to do the acuator fluid, there will ba a tank prob in the boot full of ATF, this works the actuator for the clutches. If you replace this fluid then yes you will need a MUT to bleed the system, I would suggest leaving this fliud alone but deffo change the other 2

yeyoracer
23-02-2005, 05:53 PM
THANKS BOYS...!
Ok paul, I recived yours emails (thanks again) and your suggestion is correct... we are only going to both change (2) diferents oil of the difernetial and not the one of the boot

please recommend to me that types of oil and grade I must use !