PDA

View Full Version : Ayc

ttdevotee
30-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Hi guys, got my first taste of AYC light today. Doesn't come on till about 500 yards after take off. Could this be a speed sensor? Like I say, after starting her, light goes out, but comes on again after driving about 500 yards. Checked the oil straight away, and its at the correct level and nice and clean.(changed it as soon as I bought the car) Doesn't seem to affect the drive as she still takes roundabout like she's on rails. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers. Oh and does anyone know of a good fault code reader that reads these ECU's? Thanks again.

Subaru ETA
31-12-2014, 07:21 AM
Yup. The cheapest fault code reader is a paid membership and a paper clip! You can flash the codes yourself and the site has a full list of codes

TAR
31-12-2014, 04:45 PM
You may have a problem with the pump not maintaining enough pressure. This can be rectified by using an adjustable pressure switch available from MPBVR4 on here.

:happy:

ttdevotee
01-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Hello Tim, would this happen every time from start up whether hot or cold?

TAR
02-01-2015, 03:26 PM
yes, the pump will try to pressurise on start up. If it cant get what it needs, it will shut down and you will get the red AYC light come on.

:happy:

Jnic0
14-01-2015, 07:07 AM
Hi guys, got my first taste of AYC light today. Doesn't come on till about 500 yards after take off. Could this be a speed sensor? Like I say, after starting her, light goes out, but comes on again after driving about 500 yards. Checked the oil straight away, and its at the correct level and nice and clean.(changed it as soon as I bought the car) Doesn't seem to affect the drive as she still takes roundabout like she's on rails. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers. Oh and does anyone know of a good fault code reader that reads these ECU's? Thanks again.

If you don't want to buy a fault code reader, I recommend the flashy dsahy method. Also, I had a similar problem with this. Do the 3 bars light up and then show, then switch off and the ayc error light comes on?

ttdevotee
16-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Hi Jesse, It goes through the 3 bar light up but no AYC light till I have driven about 500 yards

MPBVr4
16-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Hi Jesse, It goes through the 3 bar light up but no AYC light till I have driven about 500 yards

Sounds about normal. Although it normally happens in the summer when the weather is hot. A switch should cure it........hopefully.

Jnic0
16-01-2015, 11:08 AM
ignore this