PDA

View Full Version : Front left inner arches

ritch_w
22-02-2005, 09:53 AM
what was the deal with the inside of the front left wing - i remember at the the dumfries meet all the guys with VR4s were comparing inner wings to see who had a cut out or something.....

the reason i bring this up is i cant see any cut out on the inside of the front left wing... :inquisiti

BraindG
22-02-2005, 10:06 AM
ive got that cut.. no idea how it got there.. but i know laods of people have it. :huh2:

i3ooyah
22-02-2005, 11:01 AM
pics?

Kieran
22-02-2005, 11:23 AM
I've only seen it on the Jap imports, not the UK ones. - usually the ones with evidence of other tuning goodies being attached - No idea what it'd be though - Thought it may be brake cooling, but why only one side?! :huh2:

pezza
22-02-2005, 11:35 AM
I've only seen it on the Jap imports, not the UK ones. - usually the ones with evidence of other tuning goodies being attached - No idea what it'd be though - Thought it may be brake cooling, but why only one side?! :huh2:

Its totally bizarre .. I had this on both sides on my last UK galant estate..I did think about getting replacement.. until Mitsu quoted about 80+VAT for the whole lining.. :rolleyes4

Its been cut roughly too, not machined..

Its on one side of my current legnum too... 'wassit all abaaat?' :thinking:

Rally205
22-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Eh? :inquisiti What cut out?

pezza
22-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Eh? :inquisiti What cut out?

The front inner wheel arch plastic linings that attach to the bumper...

Rally205
22-02-2005, 11:50 AM
The front inner wheel arch plastic linings that attach to the bumper...

Yeah, got that bit but what cut out?

pezza
22-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Oh :-)

SOme cars have had a square piece of this plastic liner crudely cut out as if someone was trying access something behind this plastic panel or the bumper....

When I saw it on my last car I thoguht it was something the previous owner had done in order to fit something etc.. (But then why not just remove the panel and replace?) I have seen this same cut out on quite a few cars...

Not got to the bottom of why so many cars have had this piece cut out?

I am guessing your ones are in one piece? :)

Rally205
22-02-2005, 01:37 PM
I have got a flap to allow access to the foglamps?

Polabear
22-02-2005, 04:07 PM
This is usually the result of the inner arch liner front securing's coming adrift , hence the front tyre rubs on liner at full lock and grinds it away, I have seen it on many other cars also, if you look closely at the top of the so called cut out you will see crude grinding marks in a forward and down direction (direction of tyre travel)........ /yes

ritch_w
22-02-2005, 04:29 PM
This is usually the result of the inner arch liner front securing's coming adrift , hence the front tyre rubs on liner at full lock and grinds it away, I have seen it on many other cars also, if you look closely at the top of the so called cut out you will see crude grinding marks in a forward and down direction (direction of tyre travel)........ /yes

aaahhh - there you go then! mystery solved! :)

Jimbo
22-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm obviously not driving my car hard enough then! :rolleyes4

Polabear
22-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm obviously not driving my car hard enough then! :rolleyes4

Strangely enough Jimbo I don't have it on my legnum but do on my v6-24.....mmmmmmmm :rolleyes4

Jimbo
22-02-2005, 09:59 PM
:laugh:

Same as me then - you got all that "anger" out on the road with your V6-24 before you got your hands on a VR4!

pezza
23-02-2005, 11:09 AM

Ohhhhhh! At last... mystery solved :-)

I have it on both sides of my old car I think?

For all of those who were wondering what the hell we were talking about...

HERE'S (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3902&stc=1) one I prepared earlier :P You should just about be able to maake out the missing chunk cut away