PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of my cars: pardon the poor quality

Tony_T
12-01-2015, 07:21 AM
When I registered and introduced myself I was asked for some pics of my two Legnums. Here are some unfortunately poor quality pics taken by my phone camera using my very poor photographic skills, and before anyone gives me stick, yes I didn't wash the cars first!

First my 1996 Legnum, this is chassis number 0008245, is colour option G25 (Green but looks black at first glance) and is option code 408:

71061 71062 71063

Now my 1997 Legnum, this is chassis number 0018622 is colour option F06 and option code 000.

71064 71065 71066
bheld it
I've blanked the rego plates for now, just didn't feel comfortable displaying them to the world.

Unfortunately the VR-4 badge is missing from the '97 one, but you can still see the remains of the double-sided tape which once held it and so it can still be read when the light falls on it better than in that photo.

Bender
12-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Looking good Tony, I'm sure someone might have a VR-4 badge lying around that you could probably give to you.

Both auto? What interior have they got?

Your going have kiwigalant living in Hamilton soon so if there is any help you need with them, Give him a pm and I'm sure he will happy to help.

Is few us living around the Waikato/Bay Of Plenty area so we should meet up soon with a drive somewhere.

Tony_T
13-01-2015, 06:10 AM
Ben both are auto and maybe this weekend I can try my phone cam skills on the interiors for you. It's only a basic phone, not one of the smart ones so I won't make any promises of photographic mastery!
I was disappointed that the '97 one didn't have the roofracks. It also has a few bits missing which I'm gradually trying to replace but parts are not so easy to come by, it seems, however it runs really well. The '96 has a couple of problems which are going to be very costly to fix but is the better car ....damn! I just picked up a pair of second-hand turbos from Trademe which if I can find someone to fit them will fix one problem I hope.
Thanks for the interest and anyone who has some mechanical facilities and can help me with things will be much appreciated.

Bender
13-01-2015, 06:25 AM
I think they look hell alot better with out the roof rails, I'm glad my 2 Legnum's didn't have them, Mainly my VR4 or they would of been remove haha.
I was just going to say I know of full beige leather interior had might for sale if you were interested,
What kind of things are you needing? Me and Craig always going to pick a part in Tauranga or Hamilton and will be going to Auckland again very soon, If you let us know what your wanting, We can keep an eye out for you.
Maybe me and Craig and also Justin could come over one weekend and have a look at the problems for you? Give me a pm and we can sort out something :)

Tony_T
14-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Thanks! No problems with the interior of either car, it's other things. Pickapart here doesn't have much at the moment so I could certainly appreciate your offer to look in Tauranga or Auckland. I assume I cam do PM's? I'm not yet a paid member and a lot of things just bounce up a page saying I don't have the necessary privileges. Will have to arrange payment some time. Thanks.

Bender
14-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Yes you can, Click on my profile pic and you will see "send private message"

We have talk about going to Auckland in the next few weeks, We could always call into yours on our way home.